Do you believe in ghosts?

Do you believe in ghosts?

• Yes, I believe in ghosts- as in the spirits of dead people walking to and fro.

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • No, not even a little bit.

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • I believe in "something" supernatural that goes bump in the night, but not sure what it is.

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • I believe something goes bump in the night, but am sure it has a non-supernatural explaination.

Votes: 7 14.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For fun, I once told a fellow diver a story about two brothers who once owned a popular local dive quarry and died together on an ice dive when they could not find their way back to their hole. This part of the story was actually true. I then added the part, completely conjured up by myself, about their ghosts often being seen by divers in the quarry. Sure enough, my friend saw the ghosts on his very next dive.

Well, I chose this option:
I believe in "something" supernatural that goes bump in the night, but not sure what it is.
My family lived in a house in N.C. for about 4 or 5 years when I was a kid where things happened regularly- at least weekly. We all saw it, frequently at the same time. And it wasn't fleeting instances where you think you might have seen something, but prolonged and unquestionable things.
We(my family) had not seen these type things prior to living in this house, nor have any of us seen
these type things since moving from this house.
I know there is something out there, though I am very hesitant to say that it is somehow related to dead people. I simply don't know what it is.
(Incidentally, living in that house has made me immune to scary movies that involve ghosts and goblins. Jaws, however, scared the bejeebers out of me as a teen :))

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

Supernatural:
1: of or relating to an order of existence beyond the visible observable universe ; especially : of or relating to God or a god, demigod, spirit, or devil
2 a: departing from what is usual or normal especially so as to appear to transcend the laws of nature b: attributed to an invisible agent (as a ghost or spirit)

So I guess my vote would be option #3, and that's coming from an avowed Buddhist-Agnostic-Pastafarian-Presbyterian.

there is a book, the ghosts of fredericksburg. (va)
one of the chapters tells of an old house, litchfield.
this is where i was raised and my mother still lives.
it was built in 1802.
it was one of the few houses that were not burned down during the war between the states in our area.
a little girl wearing a blue dress is seen.

I have trouble with the concept of ghosts, just don't buy it. My wife though, who in general is as skeptical and show me a person as you will meet does believe. All due to an experience. He dad owned a townhouse in oldtown Alexandria where a young prostitute was supposed to have been killed in the 1800s and haunts the place still today. She stayed there one night when she was in high school, said she heard noises and saw things that made her believe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom