Do you advertise your a diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife's Ford Explorers license plate is 2DIVE4. My Ford F-150 4x4s plate is 4DIVE4

Yes, I am a diver!!! Diver down flag and PADI decals(Proud to be PADI)on both car and truck. Wife and I both have many photos in offices at our work. In mine I also have a dive clock on my desk, u/w background on my computer, and I wear a dive ring on my little finger. When on dive trips, I try to by polo shirts with small dive logos(usually on left breast area) so I can wear them to work(shirts must have collar). My co-workers come by my office and ask, When is your next dive trip? Where are you going? Aren't you afraid of sharks? Will you bring your photos in for us to see? The decals on the vehicles can help also. Had a diver stop and help my wife when she had a flat tire. He was just traveling through and said he saw the dive flag and knew it was safe to stop and help. He wouldn't take any money for changing the tire and she didn't get his name of email address. If it was one of you, thanks big time.
Hey Otter-cat, a member of our dive association(PDRA - Piedmont Divers and Rescue Association in North Carolina) rides a Goldwing and tows his dive gear in a small motorcycle trailer. Maybe this would work for you.

I have a small dive flag on the rear window of my car. I am not worried about break ins for dive gear, as I do not take my car diving. I am more worried about someone taking the car for the motor and the nitrous oxide.

I also have several shirts. My buddy and I are getting a trailer, and I thought about getting one of the Grim Reaper signs for it, and ahving it changed slightly. I want it to read;

STOP Prevent Your Death.
Go No Farther!
FACT: More then 300 thieves have been killed or jailed, including professionals, stealing from trailers like this.
FACT: Theft is illegal. You need special permission to take stuff from this trailer.
FACT: Without permission you will be jailed or killed.
FACT: It will happen to you!
Their is NOTHING in the trailer worth dying for.
Do not go beyond this point!

And then under the grim reaper, instead of divers, I want little skeletons with handcuffs on or crowbars in their hands.

:D

Whenever I see a car or truck with a dive flag on it, I usually take a look at the driver and wave. As I pull around, they see my license place cover and the diving fish on my hatch and they wave back. If your ever in Minneapolis and you see a tan/Citron Saab with the above, wave, 'cause it's Starfish! :) :)

Have shirts and A shark outline thats red with a white stripe across it. I never though of theifs in that sense maybe I should put it on, but I love my t-shirts:sharky:

I am proud to be a diver.
There is a new t shirt line up here in canada. Deep Eyes. They just started out and have had a great responce. They have about 6 different shirts with so really cool designs and sayings.
1 IF YOU DON"T RESURFACE
2 DIVE DEEP DIVE SAFE DIVE OFTEN

I have several dive shop t-shirts, and a little tank and fin hanging off one of my bags. The tank unscrews, is the perfect size for o rings inside and is sealed with a little o ring! And I talk about diving every chance I get..!

yep, I let it be known that I'm a diver! I love it why hide it? I have a few shirts, and finally convinced my mom to put a bumper sticker on her car....... my father on the other hand however, advertises in a different way... he wears shirts that say things like "Dive Naked, things look bigger underwater." ( He is also a search and rescue diver, so we have numerous shirts, hats, coats, sweats....etc. that we wear all the time) But, I can honestly say were proud to advertise it.:)

Kayla:)

I have stickers on my front door and on my cylinders. Also anytime we as divers take part in our sport and there are non divers around we are advertising.

I also like to inform non divers of the opportunities that they are missing as non-divers. Unfortunately there are those that just cannot overcome the fears, myths and misconceptions but does that stop me? Absolutely not, in fact as a college student, I had to give a speech on something that I am passionate about. I spent 20 minutes talking about scuba diving only 3 people raised their hands, including the instructor, when I asked if anyone was interested in this sport. So far noone in the class has become a certified diver. Only the Dean of Academics and I are the only two divers in this school, as far as I know. Needless to say I got an A+ for my efforts and made the Dean's List but I cannot help but feel that my efforts were in vain. Oh well their loss.

I would welcome any tips that could help me to improve my efforts.

I find it rewarding to try to recruit non-divers into our community. I think that tearing down the misconceptions, myths, and falacies of our sport is rewarding.

At the college I attend, so far, there are only two divers the Dean of Academics, and myself. When I graduate there will no longer be any students who are divers. (Sad isn't it?) :( But someday someone will show up to take my place.

Isn't it lonely being an elitist.:)

I gave a 20 min. speech on diving for my travel class 3 people raised their hands when I asked who was interested in diving. So far none have signed up for classes. Yes it is frustrating at times to think that I am only wasting my time with some people but at least I am trying. Right?

If anyone has any tips on what I can do to improve my efforts
let me know.:confused:

"Every time we dive we advertise"
:wink:

Back
Top Bottom