Do not ever say you are a rescue diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Average divorce rate among Scuba Instructors."
"PADI vs SSI"
"Solo Diving"
"Does everyone pee in their wetsuit?" "What about a friend's wetsuit?"
"Where to buy fake VIP stickers?"
Oh where do you buy them for the last one?

Asking for a friend

.... I always say I am a Rescue Diver....I should never have said that I am a rescue diver.....
Always undersell and over perform. Never the other way around....LOL. Oh, and remember that no good deed goes unpunished.

It seems that in Malta, saying that you are a rescue diver could send you to jail 😳

One of the dive buddies of Arthur Castillo (the accused in Malta) is a good friend of mine. I don't have any inside information, just what has been publicly released. The information I have is here: Summary of the Judgement - Christine Gauci's fatal accident and prosecution of a Maltese Diver - divinginfo.mt. The man should never have been prosecuted in my opinion. I hope that Mr. Castillo has different represenation in his appeal and is exonerated.

The prosecution of Mr. Castillo and years ago of Mr. Steve Martin show Malta to be an anomaly for much of the world. When I dive in Malta, I will dive only in a very small group with everyone having higher credentials than me. As I'll never be a technical diving instructor, that won't be hard.

I think I'm participating in 3 other threads on the Malta incident already. Why not make it 4! Considering Dody steered his own 40-page thread off topic, I think it's permissible.

Here are a few other threads:

One of the dive buddies of Arthur Castillo (the accused in Malta) is a good friend of mine. I don't have any inside information, just what has been publicly released. The information I have is here: Summary of the Judgement - Christine Gauci's fatal accident and prosecution of a Maltese Diver - divinginfo.mt. The man should never have been prosecuted in my opinion. I hope that Mr. Castillo has different represenation in his appeal and is exonerated.

The prosecution of Mr. Castillo and years ago of Mr. Steve Martin show Malta to be an anomaly for much of the world. When I dive in Malta, I will dive only in a very small group with everyone having higher credentials than me. As I'll never be a technical diving instructor, that won't be hard.
Me personally, I'm either diving solo or not at all if I ever happen to find myself in Malta. And definitely no dive-charters, because you might fight yourself insta-buddied.

Me personally, I'm either diving solo or not at all if I ever happen to find myself in Malta. And definitely no dive-charters, because you might fight yourself insta-buddied.
Isn't every dive's a solo dive regardless of diving with buddies or not?

Back
Top Bottom