Do not ever say you are a rescue diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Dive Director was an A$$H***.
Don't let someone else -- especially an A$$H*** -- decide if you were having a good day or a bad day.
You ARE a RD. Suck it up. Be proud of it.
If, in checking into a DS, they comment something like, "Hey! You are a RD! You can help if we have a problem!" Just tell them your fee is $100 per dive to be on duty, and free diving and gas.
Right. Jeez, now I'm sorry I was off the grid for 3 weeks. Seems discussed here has been about every common SB topic, even the MASTER thing.

Right. Jeez, now I'm sorry I was off the grid for 3 weeks. Seems discussed here has been about every common SB topic, even the MASTER thing.
Except split fins...

For your dose of split-fins discussion:

Since we are so far off the rails we can't even see them from here, can someone give me the short short version of the split fins argument?

Since we are so far off the rails we can't even see them from here, can someone give me the short short version of the split fins argument?
Not much power but great preventing cramps. Depends on type of diving you do. My choice since I won a pair in 2008.

They are great for helicopter turns, reverse kicks and all the things you absolutely need 100% in a relaxing open water dive, so some people have a strong opinion against them.

Did we mention spare air too, at least it could be “rescue” related :)

Is it? Self Reliant course, requires 100 dives, Rescue requires 60.
Self Reliant is "just" a speciality, Rescue is a "certification level".

certification-levels.jpg

(PADI Courses)

Yeah self reliant isn't in that image, but if it were it would go under AOW together with Cavern Diver, Ice Diver, etc.

Self Reliant is "just" a speciality, Rescue is a "certification level".

View attachment 753526

(PADI Courses)

Yeah self reliant isn't in that image, but if it were it would go under AOW together with Cavern Diver, Ice Diver, etc.
Yes, it would be placed there on the flow chart.. The course is not a pre-requisite for future training, while Rescue is. I went with SDI for their Solo course. My instructor is a TDI tech guy, there was only 1 other in the course with me. I have no desire to take rescue, but you can guess my future might have a tech direction.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom