Do I need to service my reg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubatoys:
I don't know where you come up with this type of advice... Duct Tape! Come on now. Everyone knows Duct Tape is for Musicians... Super glue, Aqua Seal and tie wraps are for divers!:wink:

I managed to poke a small hole in a diaphram once. Duct tape from my save-a-dive kit did the job until I could get the replacement. but had it been my wife's diaphram, I probably would not have risked it,:07:

awap:
I managed to poke a small hole in a diaphram once. Duct tape from my save-a-dive kit did the job until I could get the replacement. but had it been my wife's diaphram, I probably would not have risked it,:07:

Your wife would allow you to mess around with her diaphram in the first place??

scubatoys:
I don't know where you come up with this type of advice... Duct Tape! Come on now. Everyone knows Duct Tape is for Musicians... Super glue, Aqua Seal and tie wraps are for divers!:wink:

Yeah, you SAY "musicians", but you MEAN "drummers". I once had a drummer that had more duct tape than drum kit.

Favorite music jokes:
Q: What do you call someone that hangs out with musicians?
A: A drummer.

Q: How do you get the guitarist to turn down?
A: Put sheet music in front of him.

How many Lead Singers does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Just one. They hold the bulb and the world revolves around them.

(feel free to substitute Padi Instructor for Lead Singer :wink: )

FYI: For anyone interested, it turned a bit more interesting, when asked the LDS said no problem switching it out for another octopus, however on the day the guy who does that type of thing wasn't in the store, so they said to dive it anyway (they did "group" diving without buddies, which personally I dislike but since it was diving at less than 45ft of water (in good conditions) I was okay doing for two dives).

I tested my Octopus as soon as I got in the water to make sure it did work okay (which it did, worked like a champ) should anyone really need it (but effectively everyone had 5 buddies and since I'm a photographer I normally trail the group a little) dived it twice, no issues (no-one needed my octopus either) now off to the LDS here for a repair WHEEE.

In my experiece diving with a cracked housing is a very bad idea. The crack got there for a reason and with the stresses of diving , temperature changes etc, it is only a matter of time until it gets worse.

I had a buddy who dive with a cracked second stage housing. At 130 feet it got suddenly got big enough to be a problem and left him swallowing water, coughing, and spasmodically inhaling air liberally mixed with water. The cycle was enough to panic him and left me with a serious problem trying to get him to the surface when he was too panicked to switch to his (or my) alternate.

So if anyone diving with me mentions cracks, duct tape, etc, we either fix them up with another second stage or they don't dive off my boat in the interest of everone's safety.

You don't dive with faulty life support equipment and you don't do temporary fixes on life support equipment with duct tape.

Back
Top Bottom