Question Do i need the Rescue...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mario007

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I very simple question, as from the website i can't understand it, to do TEC40 or TDI AN/DP do i need to own the rescue first ?

I very simple question, as from the website i can't understand it, to do TEC40 or TDI AN/DP do i need to own the rescue first ?
No you don’t for AN DP

thanks for the clarification
Here are the requirements for advanced Nitrox with tdi

Course prerequisites​

(these requirements must be met prior to the start of the course):

• Minimum age 18, 15 with parental consent
  • Minimum certification of TDI Nitrox Diver or equivalent
  • Proof of 25 logged open water dives
Here are the requirements for deco procedures with TDI

Course prerequisites:​

• Minimum age 18
  • Minimum certification of SDI Advanced Adventure Diver, Advanced Diver, or equivalent
  • Proof of 25 logged open water dives

Technically you can just do it with AOW, Nitrox and 25 dives … you probably need a bit more dives for most people (I surely needed more than that but I am a slow learner 😂)

You don't need it for Tec40. You do need it for Tec45.

The big picture concept Rescue should teach is a greater awareness of stuff going on around you. That's increasingly important as the consequences become more severe. No guarantee Rescue will give you that, but it probably wouldn't hurt.

I don't think TDI requires rescue for any of the diver courses. That being said, rescue is a good class. It's probably the best training you'll get for being situationally aware.

I'd prefer my buddy to have some rescue training under their belt when we are doing dives where the chances I'll get bent are higher. It is one of those courses that you'll be glad to have taken if the need ever arises.

I've been involved in two fatalities as a rescuer (after being trained) and did one rescue type intervention as an OW diver. I can say that personally, the scariest was the one when I didn't have the training. Getting tangled up with a panicking diver isn't something that generally goes well if you're just going on instinct.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom