Do I need a wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do tropical diving mostly and was thinking of buying a 3 mm suit. But then I thought why not wear a rash guard and bermudas? Its more freedom of movement! Less cost! Less gear to drag on planes, a simpler happier life...

thoughts??

Bonaire? Leave the wet suit at home; take a dive skin......................

I enjoyed the freedom of simply donning my shorts/t-shirt over dive skin during surface interval restaurant breaks. I was never cold.

In tropical waters in the warm season a rash guard and a swimsuit is all you need. If you worry about jellies then get a lycra suit. I do like my .5 vest and shorts. I would like to get a custom bolero type top with long sleeves and detachable hood but for the most part I enjoy the feel of the water and would find a full 3/2 far to restrictive and cumbersome in tropical conditions. I get cold easy too and you skinny(ier) types might be even more cold prone--in the end each will decide for themselves. One thing, I have found that a simple bennie cap worn with a rashguard and swimsuit makes a difference, your head gives off a lot of heat. N

RJP:
C'mon Walter, if that was true you wouldn't have 12,594 posts!

I think people need info to make intelligent decisions. I try to help them get it. Of course, sometimes I'm just BSing with friends.

stevead:
Walter, where outside of a jaccuzzi have you ever seen 93 degree water?

That question was answered in my post. If you read it again, I'm sure you'll find it.

Back
Top Bottom