Question Do I Need a Better Technique or Warmer Undergarments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A couple of ideas. I've dove in Iceland, Antarctica, and the Arctic, in temps between 32 and 40 F. For my base layers, I almost always use Woolpower garments. (Merino Wool Clothing | Warm Clothing Brand | Woolpower US) A 200 gram shirt and 400 gram pants, with a 400 gram jacket and Under Armor Cold Gear Sweatshirt on top work really, really good for most of my diving. Try to make sure you have 3 layers, as that mid layer is key. I also have the Santi BZ400...mine is heated, but I can use it without heat. In fact, I just dove the Arctic in 38 degrees F water (with really poor visibility, as you can see from the photo) and all I wore was a Fourth Element Xerotherm top and pants, and my BZ400, and I was toasty warm.

I would check out Woolpower wool garments for base layers (and mid layers), and I can highly recommend the Fourth Element Xerotherm garments as well. The Santi BZ400 is thick and some mobility is lost, but it's definitely the warmest undergarment I've ever used (even without heat, but that helps too).

Attachments

• Iceberg Dive.jpg
    Iceberg Dive.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 56
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom