Do advertisers get to write their own rules?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MXGratefulDiver

Mental toss flycoon
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
According to the Terms of Service ...

No post should exceed a "workplace friendly" rating (defined). Profane, insulting or mean spirited language is simply not allowed here. Neither is any sort of harassment or bullying. Threats of any sort are grounds for immediate banishment. While the debates may wax passionate, there is no need to revert to personal attacks. If you feel that you have been attacked, please do not retaliate and instead use this button (Report Bad Post) at the bottom of the post to notify us. No trolling or flaming of any sort is allowed in any section of the board! Posts advocating or condoning illegal activity are also not allowed on ScubaBoard.
There is one person ... an advertiser and VP of a scuba equipment manufacturer ... who seems to be exempt from these rules.

He regularly trolls in the DIR forum.
He uses insulting and mean-spirited language regularly.
He uses personal attacks against people he's decided he doesn't like.

He gets away with it with impunity ... JeffG was booted out of the DIR forum for far less aggregious offenses than this man does, and yet he still has free reign to troll there, and to violate the ToS whenever he pleases.

I've personally reported this person multiple times ... and not once has anything been done about it. I've never even been given the courtesy of a reply from Pete or any of his staff. The insulting posts and trolls continue unabated.

Money talks ... people who pay to advertise on this board apparently don't have to follow the rules of engagement. They can make this place as unfriendly as they please. As long as the money rolls in, Pete does nothing.

Fair is fair. Either enforce the rules equally, or tell me how much I have to pay you to write my own.

I want an even playing field. Nobody should be given a free pass to abuse the rules just because he's paying an advertising fee here.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Hmmm ... the whole thread just disappeared ... apparently I struck a nerve ...

About freak'n time ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

hmmm...I am snooping around in there all the time, I can't even imagine who you could mean.

Archangel? lol Now...I'd put him on probation.

Shoot, my pet thread is suddenly gone too.

If y'all are referring to the "Grieving" thread, yes, I closed it and have moved it to the "back room".

Once a decision has been made on its dispostion, it will be returned to the appropriate forum with any requisite notes, comments or admonishments.

It disheartens me that adults can't manage to discuss an issue without resorting to innuendo, insult and whining.

The Kraken

I would suppose that it would go without saying that the behaviour shown in the closed thread will not errupt in this . . .

The Kraken

The Kraken:
Gentlemen,

Suffice it to say that you do not want to get me involved in this one.

I suggest you play nicely, OK?

The Kraken

Brother K: No worries from here.

Sorry that your drama was stolen before the pixels dried Bob. Of course, if you really wanted to avoid drama, a PM to me about your concerns would have been appropriate. THEN you would know if your accusations are even CLOSE to being true before you slimed me with them.

But hey, consider this a "free pass". Your actions speak far louder than any retort I could come up with.

For those that want to resolve issues rather than create more drama: please feel free to report anyone that seems to get preferential treatment or any mod that seems to overstep their authority with a PM to me, or an email to abuse@ScubaBoard.com. I won't always agree with you, and I don't always have time to respond, but I do read and evaluate. Far from what some may think and/or say: I am not some money hungry meglomaniac bent on selling my soul for the almighty dollar.

Pete ... I've used the Report button many times. Where's it gotten me so far?

The insults and retorts continue ... even in this thread.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom