DM Training At Sharm...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

edneeves

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I am extremely excited to be doing my DM at Emperor Divers in Sharm El Sheik for the whole of July.

I have never been to Egypt and can't wait to get wet! If anyone knows anything about this company, or diving in Egypt please let me know, I would be very interested to hear what people have to say.

Regards,

Ed.

Hi,

Emperor Divers is considered to be a well-organised dive-centre. It is one of the biggest in the area. I've been diving with them in May and I didn't have too many complaints. Consider though that it can get a little crowdy and that they get many candidates for the DM-cert. Your course might be a little less thorough than those in the smaller organisations. As far as I've been told, Blue Paradise would be a much better option. Voodoo-divers also have a very good reputation.
I liked diving with Emperor, but it was all rather rush-rush.
Take care of your equipment too! Things tend to disappear when you leave them on the boat overnight...

Regards,

BlueSky.

Did you do any courses with them or were you just there for some recreational diving?

I am always very wary about leaving any of my equipment on the boat, I think I would rather look precious about my gear and pack it all up and take it with me than loose any bits, especially in the middle of a course!

Ed.

edneeves:
Did you do any courses with them or were you just there for some recreational diving?

I am always very wary about leaving any of my equipment on the boat, I think I would rather look precious about my gear and pack it all up and take it with me than loose any bits, especially in the middle of a course!

Ed.

Last time I was diving in Sharm there was a soldier with an AK-47 with fixed bayonet guarding the dock. Not sure if that would be good or bad in your case..... :crafty:

In my experience most of the things that disappear on the boat is taken by other divers. So the good thing is to keep your gear together in the box. Otherwise it's sometimes difficult to find things - especially when the boat is crowded with divers.
As for diving in Egypt and Sharm el Sheikh you can have a look at the Africa/Middle East section - there you can find for instance my report from the last trip.
I've seen people doing DM there several times and I always felt sorry for them when they had to swim 800 meters with strong currents. And if I remember well it has to be done in 15 minutes.
As it was written Emperor is a big center - something I myself try to avoid.
Mania

Last year I spend my diving vacations in Sharm with Emperor Divers...They are really great, professional and friendly and you will not regret you choise!
This year I will go on a liveaboard trip with them...

As far as gear is concerned I never heard anything like that happening ...I left everything into my box in the boat and nothing was taken.

We are waiting for your impressions after completing the course!

Manogr

My other half (belushi) used to work for Emperor & hes still prepared to go diving with them so they can't be too bad!!!

Looks like we might get to meet Ed - I'm diving with Emperor in July.

That all sound brilliant. They sound very professional and I suppose you can't ask any more than that.

I suppose we will be bumping into each other ScubaBaby, I'm from Cambridge and if your from Essex its pretty much a certainty... you always meet people that live on your doorstep!

Ed.

I'll be there for a week -fly out on the 18th so you'll have to keep your eyes open for me! If your not 100% sure if its me or not - I'll be the green girl not looking too happy about getting on a boat!!!!

Sounds good, I'll keep my eye's peeled for someone who needs their hair to be held back.

I am there from the 4th July to 1st August so I am sure we will bump into each other.

Ed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom