DM or TEC certification route?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are several ways to arrive at the destination... but the journey is actually what delivers the fun.

Best plan, go dive and worry about more courses when you've got a couple of hundred dives.

Amen, brother!

Bob
--------------------------------------------------
I may be old, but I’m not dead yet.

Have fun is the best advice you can give. Variety is the second. It sounds as if you just want something different, so DO something different. It can be travel or a class just outside of your comfort zone. Just be sure to have fun while you're doing it! :D

Is there any reason for doing the PADI Tec40 course? Have you looked at TDI, IANTD etc?

What i was going to say.
Why tec 40, 45, 50. Seems like a lot of hurdles.
Look into other agencies...gives you a broader perspective.

What i was going to say.

Are you saying that other agencies do not have multiple classes at the technical level? Which ones would those be?

What i was going to say.

Tec 40,45,&50 lines up almost exactly with TDI and IANTDs AN, DP, Extended range.
trimix 65 is normoxic trimix, Tec trimix is advanced trimix.

GUE has Fundies/T1/T2. It's similar. I think technical stuff ought to be introduced in phases, although I like having helium in the game much earlier.

Earlier than PADI has it in their technical sequence. Apparently IANTD also teaches staged decompression without helium. I didn't look up TDI's classes. GUE and UTD start working with helium in the mix as soon as the dives are below 100 feet.

Earlier than PADI has it in their technical sequence. Apparently IANTD also teaches staged decompression without helium. I didn't look up TDI's classes. GUE and UTD start working with helium in the mix as soon as the dives are below 100 feet.

TDI requires advanced nitrox and decompression procedures before moving on to trimix.

When I did advanced nitrox and decompression procedures, we used ean24 to go to 150' and ean50 as a deco gas.

Personally, this doesn't work well for me, since my options where I fill my tanks are banked ean32, helium and oxygen, so it is difficult for me to get ean24, using 21/35 would be much easier, but I'll wait patiently until and can take the trimix class in the spring before going beyond 100' again :)

I always found this difference in approach between agencies to be interesting. I've never taken a class from IANTD or TDI but I understand that either will offer you AN/DP which extends a diver's range to 150 ft and deco with up to 2 deco gases.

Personally, I get by just fine with 1 deco gas with dives to 150ft. But I just cringe at the idea of doing some of these dives without helium. Then again, I am not very hard core. :)

Back
Top Bottom