DM Internship on Koh Tao - who should I consider and who should I avoid?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Limbo, i think you'll find that as well as matt, kenji and justin who both became course directors last year both work full time as part of the crystal team and have done before and since.....so maybe its 3 not 4, and with the platinum status, im only going on what i was told at the time, so to be fair i think my facts were perfectly fine thank you!!

Sorry VDONick, 3 instead 4 CD's wasn't right and there are a few CD's in Thailand that have been awarded the Platinum rating 3 years in a row, so on both accounts you didn't have your facts straight.

I'm not trying to pick a fight with you but maybe you shouldn't get by on hearsay and publish that on a public board but get your facts straight. All the best.

If you are going to have an argument can you please take it to a different forum or outside in the carpark !! This is very unprofessional from 2 so called "diving professionals".

Yes I agree J-Sun.
Most childish isn't it. I do notice that you are a new member on scubaboard. You will I am sure if you continue to subscribe, see this type of behaviour numerous times in the forums, and surprisingly most of it does seem to emanate from the 'proffesionals'.
I do hope you will not let it put you off from making further usefull posts as you have done here today.

Thanks lord khram. It wont put me off at all. I hear it happens quite alot. Rise above it, especially as I am 100% sure that they are BOTH wrong.

sod off jace you knobber..........lol :wink::D

check out the amazing whaleshark footage from jace youtube.com/watch?v=ziaeSYg8JTk awesome job!!!

Isnt Professional splet like this ? :wink:

Platinum Tin Wooden course director ratings who cares, they simply show that they have hit targets set by one agency.

Some CDs may only train two- three candidates a year they wont get the air mile type ratings but still do a great job.

As for Crystal, Matt and his team are doing a great job worthy of a platinum rating with gold stars and few diamonds thrown in I would recommend them anyday.They also have a large range of accomidation from budget to bling.

They are a busy school with plenty going on so you will get a real feel for how it all works during your training.

Hey everyone,

I'm going to go to Thailand to do my DM Internship in January 2010 (followed by Videography Internship), and was hoping you could all give me some advice as to who I should definitely consider doing it with, and who I should avoid - and of course reasons why! :idk:

I think I've decided on using Thailand Gapyear Internship, but know that there are literally 100 different companies to chose from, and that's just on Koh Tao (which is my preferred location due to year-round good conditions!!

Any advice very welcome - I'm looking to book by the end of the week as I need to secure my videography place asap.

Cheers in advance :cheers:

Why Tailand
I did my dive master with yeehadiving and now they are in the philippines and they were great I also got my photography, vidiography and Nitrox free from them they were great why dont you get intouch with them they wont treat you like a slave which a lot do and call it part of your training just because its cheap or free dont be suckerd in get intouch with yeehadiving they will sort you out just put yeehadiving in search and they come up it does not hurt to ask them

I did my DM on Koh Tao with Ban's. I had a fantastic time and their DM internship programme is great. Be warned they're the biggest school on the island. They're incredibly busy and life can be a bit hectic. But frankly all the size means is that there is always courses to assist on, always dives to lead. two boats means on your days off you always should be able to get in the water for fun dives, they've got the money to invest in proper classroom equipment and if you plan on moving on to instructor or working as a dm then a period spent at the biggest dive resort in SE-Asia and winner of PADI's 2009 business award won't hurt your chances from a CV point of view. Plus they're always plenty of other DMTs and DM's to have a laugh in the evenings with.

Basically if you relish the challenge of a fantastically active work/learning environment you won't get better than Ban's. If you're after something quiter and more relaxed there are plenty of other schools on the island.

My advice get the boat out there, rent yourself a bungalow and motorbike and do some fun dives with different schools until you find the one that you like the feel of.

Back
Top Bottom