DIY Shower

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

costi:
Jake, thanks for the lead! I'm not sure why I was thinking that the regs would be outrageously priced.....$39.00 is doable! BC

Wow that is less money than I expected, import grade but good enough for this. Do they have a yoke version?

:D
spectrum:
Wow that is less money than I expected, import grade but good enough for this. Do they have a yoke version?
Hey Pete, Can I borrow your reg?.....I want to try something.
Bob

costi:
:D
Hey Pete, Can I borrow your reg?.....I want to try something.
Bob

When you switch to DIN. :)

hoosier:
Jake: I look forward to seeing your job when you are ready.

Hi guys.... post some pictures if you have it done. Let's see how it looks like.

Gee~~~ RV, why not just buy the vacation house on the resort place? It is DIY forum and financial limitation... :wink:
Well. since I am out of the water until a knee problem straightens out, I decided to play a bit today with one of the designs we were discussing.
I used mrjimboalaka's idea and did the following: (it helped that I had a pump delivered via ups today)
Used a plastic 15 gallon drum that used to be filled with soap(make sure you know what the container was previously used for and clean accordingly).
This drum has a plastic handle and fill hole with cap. I did not make any perforations or ad any attachments to it as of yet.
Purchased two garden hoses from Mardens. One six feet, the other 16 feet with a garden "squeeze type " adjustable spray attachment.
I purchased through Northern hydraulics which came today, one Shurflow rv automatic demand pump. Part number 2088-422-444. This runs on 12v and offers 45psi at 2.8 gpm. Cost: $79.00
I powered this with my 12v rechargeable battery pack/inflator/jump starter but could be wired to your car battery.(I am concerned about draining my battery but then I guess I could jump it with my kit)
The input/discharge sides of the pump were too small for a conventional garden hose fitting so I made a trip to the local hardware to pick up a couple of 3/4 x3/4 fittings which made the conversion.
I put alligator style clips on the wires of the new pump so they could hook conveniently to the battery.
I placed the pump and battery pack into a plastic crate and sat beside the holding tank. I removed the fill cap from the plastic barrel and ran my short garden hose into the barrel. The other side, which had the spray nozzel could easily be reached by lifting up the side windows of my truck cap.
Turn on the sprayer. and there we had it! I am totally satisfied with the volume and pressure that comes from this pump. a twist of the nozzel and I can go from shower to stream for cleaning off the equipment.
When done, simply remove the hose from the barrel, replace the cap, and it is ready until needed again! Simple!
Thanks guys for the input....i haven't given up on the pressurized system yet. This one seemed so foolproof that I had to build it.
Bob

I got to rinse my booties with Bob's rig last night, really sweet!

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom