DIY Shower

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nwbrewer:
I think you guys are overthinking this problem. If you live near a college campus, 15 Gallon beer kegs (made of stainless steel) can be had for a few dollars. Pick yourself up a CO2 style tap, not the pump kind, and it will come with an OPV set to around 70PSI, but you can replace that with an adjustable one. Attach to a scuba tank 1st stage, or adapt a welding type reg to a scuba tank and you should be good to go.

Jake

I have this built and in use. I daisy chained 3 soda cans together and pressureize it with a 5lb co2 bottle and a standard beer tap regulator. I use a sink sprayer on a 8' hose, the entire thing stays in the truck. Each can is insulated and keeps water hot all day.

Think twice before using 500 PSI scuba tanks. You never want them to go empty or the LDS will be hitting you up for VIPs and it's bad practice anyway. Better to use a more full cylinder and have plenty of margin. If you had picked up the cylinder with the J valve it would have been perfect, it would shut the system down whan you hit 500 PSI or so. You still need a scuba first stage to drive the generic final regulator.

Pete

spectrum:
Think twice before using 500 PSI scuba tanks. You never want them to go empty or the LDS will be hitting you up for VIPs and it's bad practice anyway. Better to use a more full cylinder and have plenty of margin. If you had picked up the cylinder with the J valve it would have been perfect, it would shut the system down whan you hit 500 PSI or so. You still need a scuba first stage to drive the generic final regulator.

Pete
Good point about the -500 tank. I'll start keeping my eyes out for a first stage....maybe the "Free " section of Uncle Henry's!......or one of the local dive shops.
Not in a hurry.
Bob

20 gallon plastic barrel, 12V dc 3-5 gpm pump (RV or MARINE) wired to your truck Battery, 8 Ft Sink Sprayer, and U GIT UR DUN......
Actually, Why not just drive your RV to the dive site and use your outside shower? You can stay for any lenght of time you want, the kids can watch TV if they get too sunburned, wife can cook your meals and keep the beer cold as well......

Jake: I look forward to seeing your job when you are ready.

Hi guys.... post some pictures if you have it done. Let's see how it looks like.

Gee~~~ RV, why not just buy the vacation house on the resort place? It is DIY forum and financial limitation... :wink:

mrjimboalaska:
Hoosier, DIY----Drive it Yourself? I'm funnin with ya man!
Water barrel, pump and shower head, pretty basic...................
A few posts ago I mentioned the12v dc fromNorthern hydraulics for 79.00. I have the barrell..I need to get to camp and unhook the Shur Flo 12v volt from the stream and hook it up to the barrel to see what kind of pressure I get. Friends "down the road" do it for their shower Upstairs with no pressure tank and its work fine. Safer than playing around with the high presure tank/valves. Bob
p.s. How do you get your wife to cook?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom