DIY Scooter / DPV Build - March 2014

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Web Site updated with the Kort Nozzle and Real Time Display pictures - SubSurfaceTech - Scooter Micro

Just finishing the wiring - have gone with a low side power relay, simply because in this installation the physical size of the Relay determined where it could be mounted, have changed the location so will update the plans accordingly.

The Change of location simplified the wire routes which is why it was changed in the first place.

Ta

SubSurfaceTech

Oh this is all great, but where is the DIY rebreather?

Thank you for your interest.

Sadly Sir rebreather technology finds me in the twilight of my physical dive career, I take a healthy interest in Rebreather development, but the closest I ever got to the technology was an O2 cell and a voltmeter in the early days of Nitrox.

However saying that I would gladly accept the opportunity to become involved in a DIY Rebreather project if it was presented.

ta

SubSurfaceTech

Well it works ... so that should be it, apart from a coat of paint on the Kort Nozzle and carbon wrap the Kort shroud / Body tube to make it a little more presentable.

Site updated with the wiring diagram for the power circuit, updated the downloadable plans with all the latest changes.

This week I will be tweaking the code for the monitoring circuit and making the PCB. As this is a KISS installation I will be fighting the urge to include logging to SD card so monitoring will just be Battery Volts and Motor Temperature.

Subsequent to this I will be installing an extendable handle / mount for a Go Pro and constructing a set of LED Micro Video lights.

Updates will be posted here as normal.

Ta

Subsurfacetech

Thats a Wrap !

Scooter is finished and web site updated with all relevant changes - SubSurfaceTech - Professional Dive DIY

Monitoring Circuit
Real Time Displays
Final Finishing and Assembly

I would like to thank everybody that participated and hopefully I answered all questions fully and to your satisfaction.

The Micro Lights are now in design / procurement stages and expect construction to begin early next week - I will start a new thread in the appropriate section and post an update here.

Thanks again.

SubSurfaceTech

OP......are your sites(links) OK???.I keep getting in red to all links(thru McAfee) "WHOA---Site may be unsafe...Are you sure you want to go there."....tia...Was looking forward to seeing your 'product'......Joe.......

EDIT :........after having 2 different 'putters crash in the last 3 months(due to bad links) I'm not ready for #3......Hope you understand my inquiry.....Joe

OP......are your sites(links) OK???.I keep getting in red to all links(thru McAfee) "WHOA---Site may be unsafe...Are you sure you want to go there."....tia...Was looking forward to seeing your 'product'......Joe.......

EDIT :........after having 2 different 'putters crash in the last 3 months(due to bad links) I'm not ready for #3......Hope you understand my inquiry.....Joe

Hi Joe.

Thats really odd and I am unable to explain the McAfee issues you are experiencing ... ?

I can honestly assure you ( to my knowledge ) there is nothing wrong with my site having a few hundred hits daily this is the first time this has been raised ?

Hopefully you will take the time to click through.

Ta

SubSurfaceTech

Your Photographs are marvellous, sadly we dont have such fantastic viz here in the UK.

Hi Joe.

Thats really odd and I am unable to explain the McAfee issues you are experiencing ... ?

I can honestly assure you ( to my knowledge ) there is nothing wrong with my site having a few hundred hits daily this is the first time this has been raised ?

Hopefully you will take the time to click through.

Ta

SubSurfaceTech

Thanks......will try it.......Joe

EDIT.I went, was OK......cool looking.....

"Edit - The Micro Lights are now in design / procurement stages and expect construction to begin early next week - I will start a new thread in the appropriate section and post an update here."

Website updated with the proposed MicroLights - Lights have been constructed, just a few final tweaks to the detailed plans which will be available for download in a few days.

SubSurfaceTech - Micro Lights

Micro Light thread - http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/do-yourself-diy/480849-diy-led-microlights-2014-a.html#post7095744

Next project is a mount plate for the GoPro / Scooter configuration. Will post updates as normal.

Ta

SubSurfaceTech

Back
Top Bottom