Trip Report: Bangka / Lembeh (March 19)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The dive shop put together a good printout at the end of the trip. Much appreciated to get the site names correct since this was a new location for me.
fullsizeoutput_5d7.jpeg

Thanks - It certainly does look appealing!!
I already have flicked them an email asking for their rates!!
If you go, please let us know how it is. I'm curious to see what people think once the resort is fully operational.

The dive shop put together a good printout at the end of the trip. Much appreciated to get the site names correct since this was a new location for me.
View attachment 521891

Thank you for this. There's a couple of sites that they have listed for you that aren't on their site map nor am I familiar with them. Of the ones that I do know, I can understand why you may have been left feeling 5 days was enough. :)

Thanks - It certainly does look appealing!!
I already have flicked them an email asking for their rates!!

Nooo don't, you won't like them.
Actually I just priced out a Lembeh/Banka trip in November and liked the prices. I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but seriously considering it.

I don't particularly care for the sites that are opposite Bangka on the "mainland". The sites that excite me are around the southern point on the eastern side. For example, Sahaung is one of my worldwide favorites due it's interesting formation and great wildlife when current is kicking.

Sabora 1 and 2 and Demak used to be very lovely but I fear environmental damage, maybe even from the construction at Bastianos.

Will copy and bring with me on the liveaboard;-) It's operated by Blue Bay divers, so I guess they should know the good places, and when to dive the sites, but it never hurts to ask for specific dive sites:)

Any specific sites at Lembeh we should ask for?

Chiggins: great photos! Love the very hairy frog fish.

Blue Bay will know. :)

@diveUAE , you are going to Halmahera on their lob?

And don't worry about Lembeh. You'll get to the good sites.

Nooo don't, you won't like them.
Actually I just priced out a Lembeh/Banka trip in November and liked the prices. I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but seriously considering it.

With which op?

Cool!
We're on a 10 night LOB from Pagimani to Bangka - Togean islands, Una Una, Gorontalo, Buyat, Lembeh and Sahaung.

I'm very jealous

Demak is their house reef, not bad! The place where you find the most pontohi pygmies in Bangka and also the ultra rare festucalex rufus red pygmy pipefish, I used to spend all my afternoon dives here. Could be one of the best house reefs in the marine world...
So I guess it's located on the doorstep of Murex...

I don't particularly care for the sites that are opposite Bangka on the "mainland".
How about Paradise pier for the macro or Batu Pendita for corals, all situated mainland site?
I think everything is good in Bangka :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom