Diy Rov

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It really depends on the size motor you have or want to use(I'm assuming the diameter of the prop is 60mm). I would recommend the rule 1100 gph pump for a motor because I believe this is the largest one they make that is easy to modify. Now, since the motor is not extremely powerful you will not gain anything from a really large prop. I believe the props that gave us the most thrust were 60mm three blade deals that we ordered from VideoRay (videoray is a ROV manufacturer). Plastic props are probably your best bet because they require less hp.

The reason why their ROV is jerky and my teams isn't is because ours weighed in at nearly 60#'s dry while I doubt theirs weighs more than 10#'s wet. It takes a lot more force to accelerate a heavier object, so while they have a good amount of force at their disposal to move a light ROV we had maybe twice the force to more something that weighs six times more. Our ROV also has a lot more drag so that adds to it.

Let me know if I be of any further assistance.

Ok those thruster blades look good, I sent an email to them about getting some. I think im gonna use the Mayfair pump motors, for the sake of cost and because the one i plan on building is only slightly larger than the one in the video. Those motors cost 10.99 plus shipping from cabela's.

I want to start cheap (since they dont pass out money in college they only rake it in). I'm attempting to build a small ROV platform to attach my underwater cable camera to. Maybe in the future i'll build a larger one with grippers and arm and such but I just want to start out very basic.

Any updates?
I'm looking at trying to construct one of these myself.

thanks

i think im going to be making a really cool ROV soon when i have the time and the money for all parts

heres wat mines goin to looklike when its done except front will be clear for camera OBViously
and i will probaly paint it Yellow instead of black

I cant put a picture on because its too big

ok i got it one it looks pretty cool read post above

Attachments

• C--Users-erik-Desktop-EVERYTHiNG GOES HERE-ROV PLANS-ROV best one.pdf - Adobe Reader.jpg
    C--Users-erik-Desktop-EVERYTHiNG GOES HERE-ROV PLANS-ROV best one.pdf - Adobe Reader.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 707

Back
Top Bottom