DIY Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amascuba:
If I remember correctly, from the History Channel :), DIY really came about during WWII when the government and tool builders promoted DIY because most of the men were over sea's fighting in the war. So things like plumbing, electric work, etc mostly had to be done by the women and children. During this same time hand held power tools also came into play, which is why the tool building companies promoted DIY, because they wanted to expand their products into the common house hold. :)

And all this time I thought DIY came from creative poor folks. :wink:

O2BBubbleFree:
And all this time I thought DIY came from creative poor folks. :wink:

I'm not saying it didn't. :-D I alway's just thought that the history was interesting and thought that tidbit was appropriate for this thread. :)

pescador775:
Younger folks need to understand that this was a time before automobile seat belts. We looked at matters of safety and personal responsibility differently.

Optional seatbelts and steel dashboards (Hubby has a Corvair) :D

Personally I would never attempt to build one but for an advanced scuba class or even an open water class proof of the fact that people used to build their own gear has serious "cool factor" especially for college students. Stuff like that really makes the sport come alive.
Ber :lilbunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom