DIY Gusset Control Cord

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeepTrip

Contributor
Reaction score
I have Dacor Rig, and, having check the DiveRite Wing, would like to try attaching the gusset control cord to my BC. I have a few question to ask:
1. Is the cord is the same with the bungee cord available at most outdorr sport shop?
2. If you have DiveRite BC with GUsset Cord, is it attached to the inside (backplate side) or outsite (tank side)? Would you mind posting it with the Wing attached to the backplate?
3. Is it safe to stich something in your BC? From observation, Dacor Rig has some space between the bladder and the denier wrap, which I plan to attach the path for Gusset Cord.

Please don't post about pros and cons of Gusset Cord, nor the POS about Dacor Rig.

Many Thanks

DeepTrip:
1. Is the cord is the same with the bungee cord available at most outdoor sport shop?

Yes it is. 1/8" bungee works well.

2. If you have DiveRite BC with Gusset Cord, is it attached to the inside (backplate side) or outsite (tank side)? Would you mind posting it with the Wing attached to the backplate?

Definitely to the inside to minimize the snag potential

. Is it safe to stich something in your BC? From observation, Dacor Rig has some space between the bladder and the denier wrap, which I plan to attach the path for Gusset Cord.

It should be ok as long as you remove the bladder when you do it and leave no sharp edges anywhere.

But the rec wing uses some fairly stiff plastic tubes inside the nylon loops to route the line alterntely along the inner and outer edges of the bag and you would need to do something similar with the Rig or the bungee would get hung up and not equalize the load.

Another idea may be to do what Genesis did with their Recon and just use two heavier bungees running from tabs on each side and achored to the BC in the center.

Thanks DA Aquamaster for the suggestion of Genesis Recon, it looks like easier. Recon seems to have similar backplate with The Rig.

One question though, to which part of the BC is the cord being anchored to?

The bottom cord is looped through a 1" D ring mounted near the bottom of the wing on the centerline. The upper cord is looped through a nylon loop sewn on the centerline, if I remember correctly...it's clamped between the wing and plate so it's hard to confirm without taking everything apart.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom