Diy dpv

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...actually found quite a bit about ceramic seals...

It’s funny, the phrase “quite a bit” means word for word in Russian “not enough, very little”, but the most dictionaries say, it’s an idioms with the opposite meaning :). Anyway, I’d like to suggest you an additional information here, here and of course here.
As you can see, there are many types of "ceramic seal" - carbon graphite, tungsten carbide, silicon carbide, etc.
The most durability can provide tungsten carbide against tungsten carbide seal faces.
I bought carbon graphite against silicon carbide seal, the cheapest but not so bad for high pressure of cold water.

Last edited:
This is my shaft with mounted ceramic seal.
P8300088.jpgP8300089.jpg

And I made the bigger propeller. DPV became a little faster:)

Attachments

• P8310098.jpg
    P8310098.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,788
Thank you for the additional information.........and the pics of your scooter.
Later,
John

It's working!

[video=youtube;Fx9v8dfUhFg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fx9v8dfUhFg[/video]

Last edited:
We bought 3 new batteries 9 Ah, 2 propellers and made the body more streamlined shape.
The current increased to 23A and 30A.
It's fantastic, now I can fly!

PA150100.jpgPA150103.jpgPA150104.jpgPA150105.jpg

Attachments

• PA150101.jpg
    PA150101.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 757
  • PA150102.jpg
    PA150102.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 722
  • PA150106.jpg
    PA150106.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 742
Looks nice for a DIY scooter. What is the thrust for it now max/cruse with the battery and nose changes?

In one picture you show a 2 bladed prop where in another it has a 3 bladed prop.

Before and after?

Unfortunately, I don't know the real thrust and the speed. I think it should be correlated with the power consumption.
The first prop (15cm diameter) we bought with was rated 15 Amper 18 lb.
The second (19 cm) I made from aluminum. The current increased to 19A, so the thrust maybe about 19-20 lb.
Now I bought the WaterSnake prop (it's for 24-30 lb models) and cut it from 22 cm to 19 cm. It runs under 23A (at least 23 lb of thrust, I hope)
Also we bought 3 bladed prop (it's for big boats). 30A and it must to be more then 30 lb, but the motor get very hot even underwater.

Could you let us know where you got the waterproof toggle switch? I have a Tyger Ray that uses a magnetic switch. The diver wears a glove with a magnet attached. The switch has a plastic bubble over the switch, which shattered. Would like to replace it with a no magnetic type switch.

It’s funny, the phrase “quite a bit” means word for word in Russian “not enough, very little”, but the most dictionaries say, it’s an idioms with the opposite meaning
icosm14.gif

:banana:

shenzen , may I ask how you made head- cone ( I think which is simpliest way )

- turning from raw material should be expensive

- moulding with some epoxy ( don't have right feeling for walls thicknes and material compression and also resistance on salt water )

-......?

P.S. ( don't tell me some russian balistic missle or some airplane exposable fuel tanks from junkyard :D )

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom