DIY dive computer pressure test chamber. Under $80

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

krennpowersports

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Picked up the over-size clear water filter made by GE at lowes today, capped off the exit... extended and drilled a hole in the "inlet" and pulled a car tire valve thru.... bam.... works great. just pump a little air in it after you fill with water... IMG_2107.jpg

i didn't check a lot, but initialy it was around 30psi took it up to 157ft... so i had to hurry and let some out because that casing is only suppose to be good to 130ft. I left it around 140ft. for 5min or so then gradualy dropped it down.. i wanted to get a good log on this computer to see how well it works. so far so good...

.....initialy it was around 30psi took it up to 157ft... so i had to hurry and let some out because that casing is only suppose to be good to 130ft...

KPS, I like your idea of using this device as a pressure pot. Is it to simply check the integrity of the computer case housing or are you also checking the calibration of the depth sensor? You mention the case as only able to withstand 130'. Do you mean the water filter case or the computer's case?

BTW: 30psi = 67.4fsw so I'm wondering about the accuracy of the pressure gauge you used to fill the water filter. (69.8psi = 157fsw )

This was the Igills case.... it's only rated at 130ft..... so i didn't want to go below. Last night I checked 9 dive computers all at the same time. they were all with-in 1 ft. of each other, most exactly the same all the way from 100' down to 15' or so... This being larger is great to check calibration because you can use multiple dive computers at the same time..

As for "boom" no, it's rated at 100psi, and has a pop-off valve built in if it over-pressures. so it's all good....

as for the guage, I filled it with water as much as possible.. the rest is air pressure....again, I didn't really pay too much attn to that and after i was finished i though "damn i should have checked air pressure vs.water pressure LOL"

great idea... but i think i'll start a lil higher than $150 lol... hardly worth the time/fuel etc... I may even start adding pressure guages to them for psi....

Great idea!

Sendt fra Samsung Galaxy S2, via Tapatalk forum app.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom