DIY Canisters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like a very nice light you came up with. I got a little confused on the specs. you are listing for that particular light you are showing pictures of. Would you mind listing all the specs. for that light.

SSC P7 12W LED rated at 750-900 lumens, 3.7V battery pack with 14400 mah (6*18650).

Right now I am working on the 12W. I am looking at other options for higher power LEDs, but for the price difference I think the 12W will be the most logical. I will be selling the 12W for about $400. Once I get one finished, I'll see how much I have in it and how much I'd be willing to sell them for.

The 12W has a theoretical run time of about 5 hours. It will run a lot longer at a lower brightness.

Wow, it is really looking nice! Please keep the updates coming. Its fun watching your progress. I'm in the market for a new light and I've decide to wait till your ready to start selling them before I make my purchase.

Thanks

I'm also interested. Tired of being in the dark on NJ wrecks...

Getting closer. I will be trying some powder coating to see how it works on the heads... Will be available in matte black, gloss- white, red, yellow. I also bought some white Delrin to make some "unusual" canisters out of... I would have done pink, but Delrin on ly available in black/white... The techies are going to kill me for this...

Getting closer. I will be trying some powder coating to see how it works on the heads

I'd consider hard anodizing instead of powder coating. I'm sure there are different qualities of coating, but the one on the Oxy Raider II is simply useless. In contrast the anodizing on other lights I own have held up really well.

Just a thought,

Henrik

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom