DIY backplate and harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How is that 2" tubular webbing working out for you? I found that material like that is a bit on the "slick" side & normal hardware rigging wasn't biting as well as I'd like.
I had my parachute rigger make a commercial harness for me & as it was being used in fresh water we went with the plain old cad plated parachute hardware, which worked well.
For folks with no access to brakes & such, a slab of HDPE ("cutting board" plastic) can be used to make a passable backplate.
Then there are the severe minimalists who want a REALLY light weight harness & just slap some straps onto the cam bands (or vice-versa).
From the VintageDoublehose board:

yellowtravel1.jpg

photo by "simonbeans"

wow this is an old thred. but i thinken of doing a fiberglass plate. which of these styles would be beter in every ones openion. i do mostly singles. but do want to get into independent twins

Back
Top Bottom