Dixie Divers Memorial Day Weekend Trip to Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

denisegg:
Lets just all have one big slumber party all weekend!!!! No diving required!!!! :D...........................NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

got it Borat........................pause................................NOT

For those of you who have NOT PM'd me your info, here's what I need to square away Cristal Clear! Look below:

Last, First:
Address:
City, State Zip:
Phone #:
Agency, Certification #:
Certification Level:
Scubaboard ID:

The following people HAVE submitted their info:

dawgdiver, utdivermatt, brandy (and his daughter), denisegg (and her son), myself

For the record Frank, I didn't say it was bad either. Lots of people love going to the Statue and if that is something you all would like to do, then we would love to take you. In my experience, some people are disappointed because it is shallow, and they haven't seen a lot of aquatic life. Now, I'm not mother nature, so I can't tell you if fish will be there or not, just letting you know my experience and the experience of our other divers. My first time there I was only a snorkeler, and I thought it was cool to see it and I could actually free dive down to it, because it is that shallow. Ive been atleast 7 times, and I've found that there are so many other memorable sites to see than that, especially if you have a small time frame. If you had a longer time, then please by all means check it out. What I feel, doesn't reflect what you and your friends might think.. to each his own.. right? hehe.. but you did ask for my opinion and that is what I gave you.

Either way, what ever you guys decide.... you will most enjoy, I'm sure about that!!! It's gorgeous diving here.... I love it!!!

talk to ya soon!!!:D
Michaelynn

frankc420:
Ok, Michaelynn w/ Cristal says the Christ statue isn't that great... so we may want to rethink that dive. Other than that, she said she needs for me to forward to her everyones information. Here's what we need (I'm sure we need this for Ocean Divers as well):

Last, First:
Address:
City, State Zip:
Phone #:
Agency, Certification #:
Certification Level:
Scubaboard ID:

She did book us for 10 divers on May 26th though :D

ScubaPhotoBabe:
For the record Frank, I didn't say it was bad either. Lots of people love going to the Statue and if that is something you all would like to do, then we would love to take you. In my experience, some people are disappointed because it is shallow, and they haven't seen a lot of aquatic life. Now, I'm not mother nature, so I can't tell you if fish will be there or not, just letting you know my experience and the experience of our other divers. My first time there I was only a snorkeler, and I thought it was cool to see it and I could actually free dive down to it, because it is that shallow. Ive been atleast 7 times, and I've found that there are so many other memorable sites to see than that, especially if you have a small time frame. If you had a longer time, then please by all means check it out. What I feel, doesn't reflect what you and your friends might think.. to each his own.. right? hehe.. but you did ask for my opinion and that is what I gave you.

Either way, what ever you guys decide.... you will most enjoy, I'm sure about that!!! It's gorgeous diving here.... I love it!!!

talk to ya soon!!!:D
Michaelynn

Thanks for posting Michaelynn! Well, my list is just about complete! There are a few things I still need to get like, cert #'s and 1 more persons full info.. If you want, I can send you the list I have now in PDF form.

Just so everyone knows, I believe (Michaelynn can confirm this if she wants), you are required to have a sausage, whistle, and compass to dive wrecks in largo. Maybe to even dive reefs, not sure, but you should have these 3 items anyway! :D

Ok Howard Has Not Posted This Yet For Everybody, I Think Because He Hasn't Gotten The Agreement In Yet Though The Mail But It Should Be Thier By Sat. I Have Two Condo's You Guys Will Be Sharing For The Price Of One, Everyone Will Bunk The First Night In One And If You Can't Seem To Get Along I Have Left Mine Open For You To Go To, To Keep Peace In The Family. Mine Sleeps 10 The Other Can Sleep 10 Or More. Both Places Have Pools Right Outside The Units And Both Are Only A 3min Walk From Each Other. It Has A Nice Marina And Beach,tennis Courts, Big Bbq/tiki Hut That Everyone Can Sit And Have Fun And Eat. And Is In Walking Distance To The Piolit House. Well It's A 10 Min Walk. I Gave Howard The Two For One Deal Because This Man Has Worked Very Hard On Trying To Keep This Happy Dive Family Together. Everyone Who Is Coming Will Need To Know The Unit Numbers And Howard Will Have To Give Them To You. I Am Not Sure But If Thier Is 20 Of You The Cost Per Night Is Only $6.25 Per Person Not To Shabby I Think For Two Nice Places To Stay In The Keys.
Becky

FYI if anyone is flying down....

Delta has started flights from ATL into Marathon... that way you don't have to mess with flying into Miami if you want to go to the keys.

So to clear it up, will denise and her "bunkmates" be cancelling their original reservation and be going with this condo deal? Seems like a killer deal for everyone.

I Have No Clue, All I Did Was Give Howard A Place To Come That Everyone Can Afford And Have A Good Time.

Guys guys guys. I am here. I went from the west coast today to the east coast, like I have seen both oceans from the air today. I was awaiting the contract before I posted the details. Becky, thank you for the very generous offer. I have not heard from Denise, but she is a CPA and we are within a month on tax day, so you tell me how busy she might be. Becky, I don't get home until Friday afternoon.
Howard

Back
Top Bottom