Divox?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Its used in Hollywood by Divas, and consists of encrused diamonds on all pink gear, using only bottled Swiss air. :cheeky:

Sorry, just couldn't resist the pun.

Don't know what it is, and up till now, haven't heard of it.

pt40fathoms:
Its used in Hollywood by Divas, and consists of encrused diamonds on all pink gear, using only bottled Swiss air. :cheeky:

Sorry, just couldn't resist the pun.

Don't know what it is, and up till now, haven't heard of it.

Cher and Rosie diving together in pink and on Periair. :54:

What are the gasses involved? I'm guessing one is Oxygen(duh), but I can't figure out what the other is.

dutch-scuba-kid:
I heard about this new gas mixture... Divox... does anybody know anything about this new mixture?

Ramon,

Divox is a Dutch invention, I think. The NOB is pushing this because you can only get oxygen on prescription from your doctor in the Netherlands at the moment and it was causing access problems for divers. As far as I know most divers are doing their decompression stops on 50% or 80% nitrox because of this...... Anyway, they just gave it another name, made it a registered trade mark and suddenly is isn't subject to the same "rules" as medicinal oxygen anymore.....

R..

Diver0001:
Divox is a Dutch invention, I think. The NOB is pushing this because you can only get oxygen on prescription from your doctor in the Netherlands at the moment and it was causing access problems for divers. As far as I know most divers are doing their decompression stops on 50% or 80% nitrox because of this...... Anyway, they just gave it another name, made it a registered trade mark and suddenly is isn't subject to the same "rules" as medicinal oxygen anymore.....
R..
Correct. See the NOB Divox factsheet

Diver0001:
Divox is a Dutch invention, I think
they just gave it another name, made it a registered trade mark and suddenly is isn't subject to the same "rules" as medicinal oxygen anymore.....
Sounds like ABO here (Aviator's Breathing Oxygen).

I can't read Dutch but I would venture to guess, from what some others here have said, that it stands for "Diving Oxygen" instead of "Medical Oxygen" which, as Diver0001 said, is only available by prescription?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom