DIVORCE, lAST RESORT?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
:frustrate :frustrate

I cant understand my wife:06:
For those of you who have been following my previous post "The Wife", you know that i have had some problems with my wife.
yesterday after a long day at work, she tells me that "we need to talk?"
"okay" I reply, long story short,
she wants to end a year relationship. Her excuse, I work too much and I am not the man she wants to spend the rest of her life with.

Sadly, I dont know how to feel? I am 25, young and dumb. But i am not ready for this marriage, i truly am not.

SO IS DIVORCE THE LAST RESORT?

seaboyforever:

For those of you who have been following my previous post "The Wife", you know that i have had some problems with my wife.
she wants to end a year relationship. Her excuse, I work too much and I am not the man she wants to spend the rest of her life with.

Sadly, I dont know how to feel? I am 25, young and dumb. But i am not ready for this marriage, i truly am not.

sounds like you need to get it over with, though i am not there or you, but it does sound like you are misserable and it is the way to go, she and Iwernt married but it had to end, she says its my fault and so on and so we have to deal with it, it isnt easy or fast and painless, hell its been nine monthes and I am still dealing with the s***:11: good luck, it sucks even more if you let it drag on

In Basic Scuba Discussions? Just a little bit off topic, I think...

Anyhow, for when this gets moved to a more appropriate forum...

Tough to hear....hang in there, one way or the other things will work out...

If she is going to feel you are to blame for working long hours, maybe you should suggest to her that you quit your job and she support you so you can spend as much time with her as she wants.

You're 25, presumably she is too...married too young, and at least one of you has some maturing to do...

Hopefully you can still have the marriage annulled if it's less than a year.........Get on your knees, thank your wife and RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At least she did it now before kids and what not. Woman likes to predict what you will be like in 5 years when you have kids, and she didn't like what she saw. Congratulations, now stop engaging in such silly rituals! Mine will be final in 4 months, yeah!!!!!!!!!!

seaboyforever:

Been there done that ....... 1986 in NY.

I was a little older than 25 then but not much. Worst thing to have in your life is someone who does not want to be with you or who you do not want to be with. My first lawyer over lunch at 34th and Broadway had some sound words.

"The passions you had for eachother when you first got together will come out in the complete opposite when you want to be done with each other."

If this girl wants out .... get a lawyer, cut the deal and be done with it. The weight will be lifted. You will be miserable for a short period of time and then life gets GREAT.

I see you were in the military so you understand AIP.

Press on.... good luck

Thank you all for some Great advice. Just spoke to my good friend and dive buddy on the phone. We will be heading out tonight for a couple of drinks.

Any one here live in N.Y. Long Island

would you like to come join us for some drinks????

From your photo gallery:
Description: My beautiful wife, on our honeymoon. St.Lucia
Date: Tue November 1, 2005

Sounds like she is a little confused.

Just another one of life's little lessons.

Divorced six years here and happy as can be !!!! Even saving a bundle with Geico couldnt be better.

If at this early stage in the game she wants out, let her out. You don't need to spend your life with someone who wants to give up so easily. You'll be better without her. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom