DIVORCE, lAST RESORT?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Let me be one of the first to say congratulations for not buying a house for some ungrateful hag who will drag you down for years to come :)

RICHinNC:
Just another one of life's little lessons.

Divorced six years here and happy as can be !!!! Even saving a bundle with Geico couldnt be better.
lol!!!!!!!!!!!! didnt change insurence, (still 3 a) but man have i piad off a lot of bills and have so much more money to spend on ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YA BUDDY:wink:

dlndavid:
From your photo gallery:
Description: My beautiful wife, on our honeymoon. St.Lucia
Date: Tue November 1, 2005

Sounds like she is a little confused.

A little? Octo in mouth, gauges on the wrong side and snorkel on the wrong side...if thats any indication, run not walk. Your gallery also has a picture of your daughter...that complicates things.

Having gotten divorced after a short marriage, I know what you are going through. For me, it was coming home one day to my ex being packed and saying he just wasn't happy. It was probably the hardest thing I had to deal with. In hindsight, however, it was the best thing that ever happened to me. It is hard. There will be no easy path but don't cling to an illusion only to drag it out for several more years in an attempt to delay the inevitable pain.

Ive been with my wife for over 2 years now..
lissen how this went

nov 1 03 got married
nov 20- went away for 5 weeks FOR WORK>
Jun- 04 went on midnights -pressent-----I see my wife mybe 2-3 hours a day and thats IT.... and still im very happly married.
its very hard but i do it. ive been looking for a job since but the pay is good.

when you first meet you loved each other. how does work change that?
look for another job and try to make things work out. just dont quit

also married to young--- I married at 21 and shes was 23. still happy and will be that way.

I would try counseling first. If you can understand the real underlying issue it may be something you can work out. That takes a lot of commitment but you’ve already indicated that by getting married.

Goose75:
I would try counseling first. If you can understand the real underlying issue it may be something you can work out. That takes a lot of commitment but you’ve already indicated that by getting married.

Finally some good advice! If you have a child, seek counseling asap. A good counselor will steer you in the right direction - not SB.
I went to counseling for 6mo, was advised to get out after 2mo, but I hung on for a while.... The counselor saw right through her and was dead-on about everything! Four years since and well.....I'm diving...lol:wink:

It seems everyone has some good points to be made.:lightbulb
However in the dark, we have been seeing a shrink, we have been reading books and doing some "Tool Work".:fruit:

"Our marriage was all a rush, All lust," she says. Now she feels its time to kick me out of my own apartment.
Now I think things are getting hairy,:mfight:
she has withdrawn all of our money from our savings. I said "OUR" money, now belongs to her and my credit card has some new bills on it. :maniac:

so I am sorry but, I had to cancel all of my accounts to protect my self.

I dont see things gettting any better.

What do you think??????
:devil_3:

oh as for the picture of HER daugther, from her previous relationship, i love the kid but she should be calling me daddy, rather then my name. Do you agree? heck i pay all t he bills!!! and her real dad is long gone.....

i think i will be okay, i have a great job and a good head, not too mention I have YOU!!

thanks for your help

I would say get a good lawyer and quick. When the money starts dissappearing and the credit cards are getting used. Things have become serious. Been There Done That. I wish I would have taken the advice I was given before my now ex has taken over $20,000 that was "our" money and charged over $4,000 on "our" cards. Its been over 8 years now and life is so much better. I learned after the divorce that he has been "seperating" for over a year before he told me he wanted a divorce. It did explain why different things had gone missing from the house. Heck it explain so much.
See a lawyer, talk to your counselor. Only 2 things I can recommend.
But then again I have been divorced for a long time.. So what do I know of this thing called marriage.
The real loser in this is her daughter. She will lose a Dad who loves and cares for her.

Oh, my friend, you are so lucky!! Take the hint now, or be a big loser down the road.Don't be a fool!! Get a divorce, get it quick! If you don't do it now, the next thing will be, she starts running around; if she hasn't already!!!! Part now as friends, not later as enemies!! It will hurt for awhile, but the freedom and fun will set in, and you will be saved a lot of money and heartake. Very important if after awhile, she tries to come back and wants to be your love of life,PLEASE, DON'T DO IT!! this means, the guy or guys that filled her head with all kind of thoughts are done with her, and she is in a panic mode, and you are her "Good ole Faithfull". Don't be a sucker, thngs will fall back to the same old misery, but to the 5th power plus! Do you get my drift? Be free young man, think of all those beautiful you can have fun with; no guilt, no pain and most important, no strings or entrapment!!! Please, use common sence, in you new found freedom; USE PROTECTION, and protect your freedom and especially, your wallet!!!...............Capt. Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom