Question Diving with JDC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brought lunch. Only did am dives as it got rough. Ist dive calm light current 80ft vis a few reef sharks ,loggerhead, nice morays. Second dive
Rough at surface 60 ft vis nice big moray a few barracuda turtle excellent dive but a fisherman was anchored on the reef 😠 where we surfaced making boat pick up i rough water problematic. All in all a great day excellent crew and op. Look forward to diving with them again.
Sorry you got blown out in the afternoon but glad you got in at least 2 good dives.

I rarely squeeze in 4 dives in a day, but when I do I always bring lunch. Sometimes the morning boat is running late and you’re stuck with a very short swap over. If that happens & you didn’t bring lunch, you’re stuck eating boat snacks for lunch. No fun.

If @Johnoly isn’t diving, he’s at home watching the inlet cams dreaming about diving :wink::cool:
I've got a pretty flexible schedule, but weather has been really rough at 3-5's and we really want to go dive our sites that we have picked out. The 25-40mph gust winds on the inlet camera are a no-go and since it's winter,,,,Noaa forecast accuracy is down to 36 hours.

The best food nearby JDC are the Dune Dogs cafe as well as Square Grouper and miller ale house, all nearby. if you're in a rush then grabbing a Publix Sub down the street is probably the next best thing.

I’ll have to give it a try on one of my Jupiter trips.
What they haven't told you is....even on a slow weekday nite,, at 4pm,,in the middle of a Cat 5 hurricane....>>>There will still be a LONG line for a table. But as a single you can sit & eat at the bar. It's easy to find because everyone is standing outside on the sidewalk.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom