Diving with full facemask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My precious Momma would not appear anywhere (home included) without her make-up. She had to undergo hyperbaric treatments for radiation burns from her cancer treatment. For the short (7 minutes, tops) ride to the center, she laid down in the backseat of the car with a towel over her face. She went in the back door (my sister is the director of the center) with said towel over face and kept it over her face until she had to take it off.

She'd be pleased that for once, I actually dove with make-up. I usually don't bother. But I gotta say, the face looked as good afterward as before I got in the water!

I have dove PSD with an AGA and currently own a Guardian FFM. It has nothing to do with me having poor mask skills or anything of that nature. I just prefer the FFM. I can sing to myself,talk to the fish or do whatever. The surface valve is a must though to keep air consumption down while bobbing on the surface. And i agree with Cindy,the water at the LN Quarry is cold. It was 50 degrees at 88ft and the only thing that was chilly were my hands cause i had no gloves on. My face and lips were nice and toasty.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy FFM's. I just prefer LV masks for regular diving.

FFM's are comfortable to a fault. Ditching and donning are no big deal if practiced, but can become a life-threatening issue if not. -actually, I enjoyed donning under water. Surface instructor said it looked like someone setting off depth charges...

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy FFM's. I just prefer LV masks for regular diving.

FFM's are comfortable to a fault. Ditching and donning are no big deal if practiced, but can become a life-threatening issue if not. -actually, I enjoyed donning under water. Surface instructor said it looked like someone setting off depth charges...
I totally agree!

I know this post is a little older, but we offer various training videos on our full face mask, The Guardian.

You can see the training videos here : Videos | Ocean Technology Systems

If you have any further questions, feel free to let me know and I'd be glad to help answer them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom