Diving with dolphins in Rio de Janeiro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crawl79

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Sunday I went diving with Mar do Rio a local dive shop in Rio. First dive was not spectacular as the vis was not as I am used to diving in the gulf of mexico and the caribean but was fun anyway. Second dive was great as two large dolphins came up to my buddy and I. I have seen thousands of dolphins as I spend much time on the ocean but never have I seen dolphins while diving. They looked so much bigger in the water, now that I have seen that I can only imagine what its like to see a whale shark while in the water. The water was a chilly 70degrees but with a full wetsuit it wasnt a problem. Water color was a weird green and vis was about 2-5 meters. I also saw a rockfish on both dives and a few flying gunards. All in all it was a very good trip although the seas were terrible on the way in.
I would recommend diving with mar do rio for anyone who does not have the time to drive north to arrail do cabo, cabo frio or buzius.

Back
Top Bottom