Cozumel, Rio de Janeiro or Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CryptKeeper

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
I’m a new diver with only about 6 dives certified under my belt, but will be doing about 4-5 dives in Bahamas next week including tiger beach. My question is a recommendation. I have time in early June for about 10-14 days and wanna go to one of these destinations but not solely for diving. I’m looking for a place with a great night life/party vibe and nice hotels. Wondering if anyone can chime in on these destinations and their diving reviews. (I’ve never read about rio being a great dive destination but I haven’t looked much into it, I know the other two are wonderful but the rio night life is what’s drawing me)

I love Brazil, lived there for quite awhile, have revisited and spent a lot of time in Rio. Go to Rio for the night life (you can Google that), but you need to be aware of street crime. English speakers are not as common, it's further away and more expensive than your other choices. Check up on the current COVID situation; it was terrible early on. I never dove there but researched it once and was not impressed by local options.

Unless partying and a cultural experience are your prime interests, I suggest you stick with Cozumel or Roatan.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom