Dive recommendations for Rio de Janeiro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tigerpaw

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I am looking for some recommendations of dive/charter companies in Rio de Janeiro. I've done a search and so far I have two shops but I'm still looking. As of now I've came up with

Coral Fire - Diving School and XDivers Scuba School

They both have good reviews but I am wanting to hear from you all. I'm looking to have a SAFE fun time. Many thanks in advance for your recommendations.

Never dove at RJ City, and, AFAIK, there are few regular charters there, but at Angra dos Reis (Ilha Grande Bay) some 180 km south there are some good diving, even Live aboards. Take a look at Enterprise Ilha Grande, or ilhagrande.org for mor information about the place. Paraty is an 17th century historical City 250 km south Rio, the City itself with the street views, festivals, arts and cuisine is worth to visit, and have some diving too
Arraial do Cabo 110 km north is the Rio state main diving destination, search PL Divers there.
If you need help may call me
Regards

Never dove at RJ City, and, AFAIK, there are few regular charters there, but at Angra dos Reis (Ilha Grande Bay) some 180 km south there are some good diving, even Live aboards. Take a look at Enterprise Ilha Grande, or ilhagrande.org for mor information about the place. Paraty is an 17th century historical City 250 km south Rio, the City itself with the street views, festivals, arts and cuisine is worth to visit, and have some diving too
Arraial do Cabo 110 km north is the Rio state main diving destination, search PL Divers there.
If you need help may call me
Regards
Thank you for the information. I'm on limited time since I'm on vacation with the wife, so I'm limited to staying close to the city center, which is why I had chosen Coral Fire - Diving School and XDivers Scuba School. While I understand that better diving is further away I am on limited time. Any suggestions for dive shops in Rio near the Copacabana area?

Thank you for the information. I'm on limited time since I'm on vacation with the wife, so I'm limited to staying close to the city center, which is why I had chosen Coral Fire - Diving School and XDivers Scuba School. While I understand that better diving is further away I am on limited time. Any suggestions for dive shops in Rio near the Copacabana area?
Sorry, only know the ones you sayed

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom