Diving while at DEMA - WHERE?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trixxie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
OK, so I can't resist bringing the gear to go dive, might even pick up an item or two that I will need to try out before heading back to ATL..... the question is where is a good place to go that is not too far from the show??

A friend suggested West Palm but surely there must be somewhere closer than 2 hrs away.......

DEMA has no bearing upon the act of really diving- I mean underwater. :1poke:

Disney? :confined:

SmileMon:
If you're cave trained, how about ginnie?
Nope - will take the cavern specialty at some point but just looking for a nice shore/boat dive....

mauigal:
A friend suggested West Palm but surely there must be somewhere closer than 2 hrs away.......

Sure, you can dive New Symrna with Seadogs at only and hour and 15 minutes away. But the boat ride is another 35 minutes to the dive site. They are a great OP but if time is the main concern, WPB is still looking better.

I also would recommend DiveQuest at Epcot, make your reservations soon, they may already be full for the times you want.

Here's my list copy and pasted from an earlier post

Depends what kind of diving you are looking for, but here are my recommendations. Others will have favorite boats and all of them are very good. In order of Closest to farthest from Orlando.

Blue Springs/Orange City - 45 minutes North - Simple fresh water spring head, 60 feet to the sign, but can go deeper.

New Smyrna/Daytona - 90 minutes north - Sea Dogs, usually a couple of wreck dives to about 16 miles out, can hunt, viz is tough for photogs.

Jupiter - 2 hours south - Jupiter Dive Center or Scuba Works,,Big Big fish, lots of sharks, plenty of hunting. Definetely W/A for photogs, My personal favorite!

West Palm Beach - 2hrs 15mins south - Too many OPs but I like Pura Vida & SS Minnow. Fantastic photography location, great viz, nice soft corals, hunting not typically encouraged. Nice wreck system also.

Boynton/Lantana - 2hrs 30mins south - I like Dive Charters Inc and Starfish,,Great reef system for macro photogs, some very unusual finds on this reef section.

Boca - 2hrs 45mins south - Diversity boat is my choice here, Capt Tony is just about the best on putting you on what you ask him to see.

Pompano/FLL - 3 hrs south - Too many OPs and I'm not a frequent diver of these spots, but for hunting I like Capt Conrad on Miss Conduct(6pk), A mandatory/must stop visit has to be Fill Express to see what a fill station on steriods looks like.

Key Largo - 5 or 6hrs depending on traffic - I won't even touch who to use, there's just too many, but that doesn't mean you can just walk on a boat. Make reservations for all the boats.

Hope this helps.

Yeah I think we are going to head down to WPB after all - Diving solutions was recommended along w.another one but can't remember their name off hand....

thanks!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom