Diving Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm only a normoxic weenie :sigh_2:

But if you wanted to go to Marianna instead..................

Ha, ha...whatever! You're no weenie, normoxic, hypoxic or otherwise! :wink:

Zinc and I might be heading to FL this next July. Let me know if you'd like to join us. I have my truck and a trailer for hauling all the gear we need. :D

Jocasseegirl...what kind of shallow water diving is there? (130 and less)

The lake is down about 23 feet right now, so the cemetery is currently at 115. There is also an area called the quarry, or "The Wall," where they blasted the mountain to get rockfill for the dam. There is a teak Chinese Junk there at 60' (currently at 36'), and lots of other stuff: a motorcycle, basketball hoop, marching flamingos, etc. There is also a shallow dive near the dam where, I hear, there are lots of fish. There is also a cove that is designated for divers only with other sites to see. In that cove, you can dive on into the forests that are still standing. They usually start at around 100' or so, but with the lake down so low, there is plenty of stuff to see at shallower depths. Bill at Off The Wall Charters is the man, if you want to dive Jocassee. There are other shops that run charters there, but I'm kinda partial to Bill :blinking:. He's the most knowledgable about the lake.

Are there any houses still left to see on the dive?

I don't get anything other than bubbles and music from that website. I've tried IE, Firefox and Safari.

How's the vis/temp in early June?

Click the banner at the top of the page. I think the dive flag says "Dive In" or something similar.

It's not intuitively obvious, but that gets you into the main website.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom