Diving using Nitrox?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Will add my bit here.

Im nitrox qualified, use it sometimes, most of the time i don't.

Firstly i have never seen any of the supposed "less tired" effects of it. Im always exhausted after a day diving no matter what gas i use.

Secondly yes it can increase NDLs but i tend to find other factors limit dive length here - normally slack water times and/or boat imposed maximum times so for MOST of my diving that isn't a benefit. Shorter surface intervals again dont really interest me - i WANT a nice long interval to warm up before going in again.

If doing multiple dives over multiple days THEN nitrox starts to have a real benefit. If you do maybe 2 dives over 2 days like a weekend then maybe its not worth it.

If i go abroad and nitrox is available free or not much more than air, i'll use it. However for the type of diving i do here its not worth me spending 2-3x the cost of an air fill for a gas thats not likely to benefit me at all on that particular day.

In short, although Nitrox is a useful ticket to have it may not benefit everyone - your type and style of diving may mean its not that useful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom