Diving Two Hose Regulators: Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, any published work is assumed to be copyrighted, and the copyright holder is no longer required to specifically mark it or register it as such for the copyright to be in effect.
In actual practice, it's unlikely that someone is going to come after you for photocopying a few copies of an outdated and not longer in print manual. But for a legitimate business, or org like HDS to do it could either get them in legal trouble, or at the very least, queer their situation with the dive industry.

neil once bubbled...
Vance,
Good points.
As a professional recording musician, I am sensitive to, and protective of intellectual property rights. Most of the old original manuals I have have no copyright marks on them, including the old USD DH manuals. Does this mean they have no copyright?
Neil

About putting double hose regs' service and other manuals freely available on the net.

I think Voit has been out regulator business for decades. Nemrod is out of business completely. Anyone heard about Healthways lately? Would anyone really care enough to start an argument if somebody had their double hose manuals on the net? I doubt they have any real commercial value.

USD made their last double hose regs about 28 years ago, and they don't support them in any way anymore.
http://www.aqualung.com/AL_comm_techlib/AL_comm_files/Regulators.doc
I can understand why they don't want service manuals of current regulators (meaning regulators that you can have serviced at any authorized dealer) available to the public. But what reason would they have to keep, for example, the Aquamaster service manuals off the web.

Perhaps some well respected historical diving organization with free space on their servers could ask Aqualung nicely, if they could put some old double hose manuals on their web site as a historical curiosity that they are :)

What about owner's manuals. Did people get any sort of instructions with their double hose regs when they bought them in the first place? Nowadays you can freely download regulators' owner's manuals from their manufacturers' websites.

Well, if someone does have any DH or other vintage scuba stuff available for download, please let me know where..

Anyone tried hooking the Hookah port on a
DA, or Royal Aqua-Master up to one of those air integrated BCD inflators, so if your Double Hose fails, you have the little reg in the Inflator hose to fall back on?

Vintage Scuba Supply sells a hose that goes from
the Hookah port for LP, to a standard BCD
inflator fitting. Is there any reason you could
not use it as a backup as well?

:doctor:

Thanks

Wildstar1063 (AKA Chuck E.

Double hose regs are pretty robust, at least the good ones were. The HP side of the thing would be more likely to have mischief happening, so a 2nd coming off the hookah port would really only be useful for buddy breathing (or using a BC).
You can feed the 2-hose through the hookah port off a pony bottle w/first stage though, make for a tad more reliable "J-valve" effect.

What's the duckbill valve used for on a double hose reg? Is it internal or external? I've never seen one except as a spare part - was it an optional accessory?

They are neat regs...yes there is a device to get tank pressure readings. I have one, it fits betweem the tank valve and reg though you have to get an extended yoke for it to fit.

The Royal Aquamaster was the best of it's time...Huge diaphragm, very sensitive to the slightest pressure differentials. It was designed for the diver in the erect position. In a swimming position some loss of perfomance...In an inverted position, free flowed like hell

Joe

Anyone know what year, U.S. Divers started
putting the round stickers on their regs,
instead of the rectangular metal plates?

Cudachaser, you wanna sell that HP adapter?

It' either that or find a "J Valve" with the
hp port built in to the valve, and just
permenantly attach a console to that.

Bob3, Why were these HP adapters considered a weak point?

Someone had an interesting "J Valve" on ebay
It had a CABLE PULL to activate the reserve
instead of the rod.

Thanks

Wildstar1063 (AKA Chuck E.)

...anyone bidding on double hose regs on eBay bidding against "bgiddins" is bidding against me :)

hmm, just noticed that bidding is only an s away from being an acronym of my eBay userid - no wonder I can't stay away from the place...

Anyone dive an old reg using nitrox?

Thanks

Wildstar1063 (AKA Chuck E.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom