diving this weekend - starry, fgray?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paradise Springs is beautiful and a great place to practice skills! I'm in! :)

A few of us are going back to Venice.

I love my wife. She don't dive and never complains when I do.
I would like to do it as early as possible.Theres a cave diving seminar in Gainesville I want to stop by and say hi to a friend working in the Zeagle booth.
One of you 2 will have to lead the dive I've never been there before. I would like to do a few basic skills though. Maybe do the exploring dive first, down to around 100' then do a skills dive second at around 50'. Just a suggestion. I'm flexable.
I use steel lp 112 with H valves so air should be OK.
Let me know what you think.
Fred

I'm good whenever, though I'll be driving from tallahassee, so the earlier we go, the earlier I gotta wake up. AFAIK, theres a permanent line in there that starts in cavern zone, so running a reel isnt even that neccesary. I may practice anyway. Speaking of which, I havnt got my new reel yet, so If i cant borrow one from my cave buddy, if you can bring one that'd be great.

Ok, there a gold line that runs form OW to 99ft and the sign, no reel needed. I do have a light, just not a HID. a basic tec40 that has seen action in Hole in the Wall, Twin Caves, Cypress, Peacock, Orange Grove, Teleford, Ginnie, Devils Eye/Ear. Of course, on some I was with a buddy who had a HID, so probably couldve turned mine off and wouldve had same amount of light. i do dive a jacket though, so I'm not sure where Im going to put the HID when i buy one. Maybe make a belt out of webbing.

How about we dive saturday, at 9 or 10? its a 3 hour drive for me. If either of you want to try for 2 dives, or another site too, let me know. I'm in no hurry.

I will be glad to hang around and do a third dive that day - I do not know what else is in the nearby area spring wise. I am just now learning my way around. I will be traveling with lots of maps (I have been known to be directionally challenged.... :rolleyes: )

I will be hopefully testing out my new tanks (well not new - but new to me) and this is the first time I will be using my reg since repair - it works like a charm in the pool now to see how it handles in real life... so if I come up to one of you guys with the signal "out of air" ... it may not be a drill ;-0 - just kidding - I am sure they will be just fine... :)

I am assuming that EAN 32 mix is the gas of choice for this?

I have a extra Ranger BCD if you want to tryit out. I want to do 2 dives while at Paridise. But I'm going to visit a friend in Gainesville after. But if you 2 want to do another dive there's always Blue Grotto , devils den, Manetee springs all resonably close by.
Starry what size tanks you using?
I also have an Light Cannon 100 HID if one of you want to use it.
Anyway I'll be there by 9:30 Am SAT.
Fred

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom