diving this weekend - starry, fgray?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If all goes well I will be using HP 100's - not sure how I will like them. I have been very spoiled borrowing a friend's HP 80's which are almost like wearing no tank at all!

We shall see...

On the other side of Ocala in Williston, is Devil's Den and Blue Grotto just about across the street from each other. Or you could drift thr Rainbow River.

I'll have an al80 (h valve) with 32%, and probably rent a y valved al100 with air. I would nt mind giving the Light Cannon a try. Id like to see how bright it is. As for more diving, I know plenty of places in the area. Rainbow is a nice drift, $10, requires reservation ahead of time though. Where are you guys coming from?

Starry Keep in mind HP steel 100 end up being -7 lbs Bouyancy
You should probley drop a little weight. Your 80s were -4 lbs and these are empty weight. 100s strart out -14 end up -7

jviehe: your welcome to give the light a try.

I'll be using basic intro to cave config.
H valve, 7 ft hose, lp 112 steel single tank.
canister 10 watt HID with 2 back up lights.
I'll carry 2 reels with me . You can borrow one of my others if you want. Also you can use my other 112 if you want to try it out.
I believe they have a fill station there. Your 80 will get used up quik if you dive the deep dive with it.
I think we should stick to rule of thirds for the cavern dive.
We should do the deep dive first. use the nitrox on that dive.
Do a shallower dive the second and do the skill then. If we stick to OW area. We'll have more time to do them. Like I said I'm flexalbe. I dive safe no matter what.
Fred

and say that I'm pretty impressed with you guys, good job of planning not to mention helpful. I'd be there with ya, but I'll be at the NACD conference in G-ville.

Enjoy your dive,

Ben

I'm going up after the dive for a little bit to see a friend. Maybe I'll run into you. I'll be by the Zeagle booth.
Some people say I'm obsesive I say I'm careful and intense.
Fred

Cool, maybe I'll run into you, although with no time schedule God only knows where I'll be during the day, although I'm definitely going to the CD History Presentation.

Ben

Ok, so what the plan for saturday? I'll PM you on my cell in case we get lost, but what time do you want to meet at Paradise?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom