Diving the Peace Boat Aug 16~18th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will post a seperate thread on the trip in the next few days, and Tom will likely post soon as well.

We had an awesome time. We saw a LOT! Dove with Sea Lions, Nudi's, SoupFin sharks, Lepord sharks, scorpionFish, rockfish, octopus, and the illusive Garabaldi just to name a few of the things we saw!

Tom will likley post a trip report before I have time to do so.. but we had an awesome time, and I can not say enough about how good the food was as well as great crew on the boat.

I would go again in a heartbeat! We did 16 dives (one day to Catalina aboard a different boat), and it was ALL GOOD!

Some truely world class diving out there. We did end up going to San Clemente for two days and Anacapa for one. Only 12 divers on the boat.

A higlight was diving a small cove full of Kelp and several Soupfin sharks in the 4'-6' length range. They were schooling up in a small recess in the shoreline and would make passes as close as 3' from your mask, awsome. While this was going on a big Leapord shark cruises by. No cameras were funtioning at that point so this will have to remain a 'fish story'

The Peace boat is the best.

I am glad you had such a great time. It is world-class diving! :D And the Peace Boat is a classy operation. I am jealous about the soupfin sharks, wow wow wow!!!! That is really cool. Did you guys get any photos at all?

robin
2 weeks til Calif diving on the Great Escape!

I will post a seperate thread on the trip in the next few days, and Tom will likely post soon as well.

We had an awesome time. We saw a LOT! Dove with Sea Lions, Nudi's, SoupFin sharks, Lepord sharks, scorpionFish, rockfish, octopus, and the illusive Garabaldi just to name a few of the things we saw!

Tom will likley post a trip report before I have time to do so.. but we had an awesome time, and I can not say enough about how good the food was as well as great crew on the boat.

I would go again in a heartbeat! We did 16 dives (one day to Catalina aboard a different boat), and it was ALL GOOD!

LOL, Those guys are shy huh?

Here are a few photos, hopefully Ron got some more. All the exciting stuff like Sharks, Giant Sea Bass, Sea Lions, Seals etc. went undocumented.

yeah, can't wait to read your whole report!!

BTW.... what was water temp around Catalina and San Clemente??? :D

Water temps ranged from 64-66 at Catalina. San Clemente was 54 to 66 and temps ran between 57-63 at Anacapa. At one point we hit some really cold water upwelling, and sometimes there was a noticable thermocline. My computer logs coldest temp only, at times it might have been warmer but not much.

San Clemente avg temp was likely in the 60's, but I'll look at my computer downloads tonight. I *think* it tracks temp for each segment, guess I'll find out! :blinking:

We did hit 54F, but that was on a deep dive, and below 90'. There was a SERIOUS thermocline on that dive, the temp likely dropped about 10F.. chilly! We got in the water a bit late, and were asked to do 30 minutes. So we did what any red blooded diver would do, and went DEEP! :D

Anacapa was by far the coldest diving overall, or at least it sure felt that way. I don't think we did much below 75' there, and temps near the surface were in the low 60's.

Back
Top Bottom