Question Diving South lombok?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tell us how you like it. Post a trip report here would be even better.

I’ll be there in 2nd week of July and would do the same.

One thing of concern, July-August don’t seem to be good diving there, weather wise as mentioned in The South Coast | Diving around Lombok

“Best time to dive in the Belongas area are from March until mid June and the months October and November, when the water conditions are (relatively) calm.
The bay of Belongas is sheltered, but when you pass the narrow mouth around Gili Wayang, where the dive sites are, the sea gets rougher with a strong surge.
Therefore this is the place to be for the bigger marine life like Tuna, White and Black-tip reef sharks, Barracuda, Eagle rays and schooling Hammerhead sharks….

…Diving the Kuta area can be done year round but the best time is during the first half of the dry season when the sea is still calm and the visibility around 10-15+ meters.”

The first half of dry season would be May, June & July.

Hi divers, next august we will be in bali again for 20 days, we thought we would do a classic diving tour with tulamben-padang bay-nusapenida .. but a dear friend of ours has just opened a restaurant in kuta lombok and asked us if we wanted go and see him ... :wink:
Has anyone been diving in the area lately?
Besides the magnet and the cathedral is there any other diving spot worth a few days? better or worse than bali?
thank you
Fabio
Hey, did you manage to dive Belongas Bay or with Blue Marlin. I will be in lombok over the next week and would love to hear about your experience

Hey, did you manage to dive Belongas Bay or with Blue Marlin. I will be in lombok over the next week and would love to hear about your experience

We want to go there the next august, but after some e-mail with blue marlin we change our plans.. maybe next year we have more days to go there and enjoy that place… the thing that changed our minds was the almost two hours car every day.. ok if you stay there more days with some resting days, but for a short stay it’s a no no… for us… 😅😉

I dived Belongas Bay with Two Fish 3 years ago in August. They closed down since then but some of the operators in Kuta (like Blue Marlin) seem to be doing those dives.

IMHO, not worth the hassle. It's very rough seas in a tiny boat, long drive out there. I once saw a shadow of a hammerhead, and we did see the rays. The rest of dives are just a struggle with surges and current and weren't too enjoyable.

I would check out the dives closer to South-East Lombok instead, closer to Kuta. Haven't done those myself but a few people told me in the past about nice topography dive sites, some current, chance of seeing sharks, etc. I may end up doing it when I'm in Bali in a month, we'll see how time permits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom