Diving Sodwana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mordred

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm planning my first sea dive together with my wife and friend. We've decided on Sodwana.

Since this is our first sea dive (we qualified in a quarry) we are quite nervous.

Does anyone have recommendations with regards to dive charters, things to look out for, etc.?

Thanks in advance

Hey Mordred

Firstly welcome to the board :) Sodwana is a great place to do your first sea dives and I am sure you will have a great time.

Regardless of the operator you chose, please let the DM know it is your first sea dive, there is nothing to be ashamed of saying that.

When I am at Sodwana I normally stay with Coral Divers Website

The Sodwana Bay Lodge is also greatWebsite

Cheers!

Hi scubaculture,

Thanks for the info.

I will check out the links you gave me.

I'm looking forward to having vis for more than 4 meters like I'm used to in the quarry!

scubaculture:
Bass Lake? :)

It has been much better lately, we had 8m this weekend
No, Miracle Waters. I've had better than 4m, but the last dive was 4m. I've heard from others that Miracle Waters is cleaner and nicer than Bass lake - what do you think? I've never been to Bass lake.

I would agree that Miracle WAS better, but since Bass Lake got the pipe pumping dirty water out the conditions have been great

scubaculture:
I would agree that Miracle WAS better, but since Bass Lake got the pipe pumping dirty water out the conditions have been great
Sounds good - I'll check it out!

Is there anything to see on the bottom, Miracle has a plane, bus, car and computer workstation to keep you busy :)

In case you hadn't seen it, I've written a review on Sodwana just now. I've just come back and i can higly recommend it.
Read here

Cheers,
Geerten

Tresj2:
In case you hadn't seen it, I've written a review on Sodwana just now. I've just come back and i can higly recommend it.

I've just read it - excellent and informative review, thanks a lot :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom