Diving Sites suggestions in Europe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

20dreamer

New
Reaction score
Hello

I will travel around Europe in the next few month. After getting a Open Diver in Hong Kong last year, I only dive a few times in Hong Kong. I want to do some diving in europe very much.

Are there any good diving location in Europe? which are not very expensive and have guide tours for beginners like me??
I want to go somewhere with many see creatures to see, especially dophens, sharks and turtles.

Can anyone give any suggestion for this request??

And I searched around the web, is Canary Islands a great place for diver?

Thanks!!!!

Hi 20 dreamer, the canaries are a great place. i life in lanzarote and love it. the water is cristal clear and the marine life is very impressive. please pm me if you need some advise where to go

Hello 20dreamer,

though we're a bit short on big marine life there's plenty to see here.

Plenty of experienced divers who'll take you along for the dive.

When are you coming over?

Laurens

BTW, welcome (Scub)aBoard! :happywave

Hello El Orans,

I will be travelling around europe starting in May. For Spain, I think I will be there at around August.
Are you talking about Spain??

My budget is a bit tight, I would like to go to the best as I can just go to 1 place to dive..
If possible, I would like to get my advance open diver during this trip. But, it all depends on $$$~

Thx!!!

Whalerock is talking about Spain, I'm talking about the Netherlands.

But if your budget is tight and you can only dive in one country, I'd go to the Mediterranean.

Hi 20dreamer!!

welcom on board!! :D

Indeed.. Canary Islands is a great site to dive :D:D:D

i am in Tenerife... Do yo need some info?

Best regards from tenerife!!!

You may think of coming to Turkiye...

PM me for details...

Yener

Hi
Canaries has good diving although personally I don't like 'topside' life being full of resorts (My experience is woth Tenerife, other islands should be better). Mainland Spain is good in places such as Cabode Palos, Cabo de Gata & Medes Islands. There is Gozo as well that I can reccomend. There is lways Gibraltar.
As for Dolphins, Sharks & Turtles not sure where you can see them. Maybe the Red Sea but that's not the med.
Average cost of dive is around €30 + equipment rental. If you give better indication where you are going can help you further.

Hi 20dreamer

If you looking for most of the things in your post, you would be better off going to the Red Sea, as diving in the Med, although varied and interesting is different.

Greece has just been opened to divers, although many locations are still using their normal sites which may look a bit tired. You will find interesting underwater topography in Greece, but life such as Turtles, is only found in places such as Zante. But take my advice as they are endangered and the resort operators quite rightly will not let you near them. You can look at Cyprus, which has a decent wreck of a roll on roll off car ferry the Zenobia, but not much else.

Malta & Gozo has lots of wrecks, which are a result of the 2nd world war, clear warm water, caves and caverns.

Spain (mainland) has a variety of life, some nice marine reserves and a great deal to see when you are not diving.

The Balearics (Spain, Mallorca, Menorca & Ibiza) is packed with caves, caverns and overhangs.

The Cararies (Spain - the Atlantic, Lanzarote, Tenerife, Fueterventura etc) has life in clear deep waters which varies according to the time of year. The diving is good, but some islands have their problems on the shore side with the type of clientele that holidays there.

Turkey, has some good dive sites, best look for an operator who will not take you with the herd, as many compete only on price, nipping you slightly off-shore and not much else. Turkey like Greece is full of history and culture.

The Red Sea, is the place to go if you want all the boxes ticked in your posting. Like many of the responders we have centres in all the countries mentioned

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom