Question Most interesting dive sites in Europe?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll second the Azores, an underrated archipelago in my opinion.

I'd add : the islas Medes in Spain, Port-Cros and Porquerolles in France (wrecks deep or shallow, protected areas, almost everything), wrecks in the Biscaye Gulf from Port au Verdon to Biscarosse (can be complicated though).

Lanzarote. Great place, lovely diving of the reef variety. Cheap to get to and stay. There are dozens of dive shops on the island and at least a dozen in Porto del Carmen.

Warm. Clear visibility (20m to 30m). Boat or just walk out into the sea. Lovely.

#1 on my list…
A22B4698-B3F7-4781-B582-CB99ABFA4DB1.jpeg

I second Vis island, while you are here diving the wrecks try to get a dive on Brusnik island. It's a volcanic island right next to Vis with a lot of fissures and canyons underwater, think Slifra but in a wetsuit.

I am compiling a list of unusual or interesting dive sites in Europe. Especially inland sites (lakes, quarries, rivers etc.) are diving destinations I want to include. For a personal bucket list at first. But over time, I am hoping to compile a full database of sites that I visited that go beyond your standard 'top-5 dive sites in X' listicles. If special kit or training is needed, please add that in your suggestion (for instance: Tauchen Im Berg, Nutlar, Germany - cavern or cave training required).

Suggestions?

Excellent project. Perhaps based on the feedback here you put together a document that has the locations with their maps, a summary description and perhaps photos.

If there is anything I can help you with, please let me know.

Too late. Grüner See has been closed for diving since 2016.
I have been told that. I’ve also seen photos from recent dives. Apparently the only threat is a rather small fine.

This is what happens when otherwise conforming & traditionally obedient local citizenry are pushed into the water, to be joined by visiting Norsemen clad in rubber suits.

Fortune favors the brave.

The only dives I have in Europe were on the Zenobia wreck. It's a HUGE truck/car ferry with lots of trucks still chained to the decks.

I went with Coral Bay Divers, as they are one of the few shops that rent doubles.

Back
Top Bottom