Diving shops in Singapore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Traminer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi guys. I'm a new diver based in Singapore who had just recently completed my PADI OW and AOW in Phuket earlier this year. Right now, I have seemed to be bitten by the diving bug REAL bad and reading all the wonderful posts here makes it even more itchy.

Am trying to get a feel for the local diving scene and reading about getting away on the weekends for short dives eg Aur-Tioman via Living Seas or Friendly Waters?

Has anyone used a good dive shop here for daytrips and gear?

I've been to Aur with Living Seas but it was a weekend training trip so we were diving around one spot. The trip was well organised but it was a long journey.

I do buy hard to find items (in Thailand) at Living Seas (long hose for Apeks/1/2" port, 1/2" LP port plug, X-shorts, etc.). Gideon at Living Seas is a first rate instructor, btw.

I don't buy much gear in Singapore but do get my regs serviced at:

Divemasters Pratama (Apeks)

315 Outram Road, Tan Boon Liat Building #09-07, Singapore 169074

Telephone: (65) 6226-0991 Fax: (65) 6227-3986
e-mail: divemstr@pacific.net.sg

Opening Hours: Mon to Fri - 9.30am to 6.00pm, Sat - 9.30am to 2.00pm,
Sunday and Public Holidays - closed

Richmond Supplies & Services Pte. Ltd. (Scubapro)

298 Beach Road, #B1-24, The Concourse Shopping Mall, Singapore 199554.

Tel: (65) 6295-0377.

Opening Hours: 11 AM to 7 PM (Mondays to Saturdays), CLOSED (Sundays & P. Holidays)

For Singapore diving info, you might want to check out the FiNS Online Forum at

http://www.finsonline.com/forum/

Glad you caught the diving bug!

I did both my OW and AOW courses with Big Bubble Centre under Stanley (who's the boss). And IMO, he's a great instructor - really strict when it comes to stuff affecting your safety, just so that you'll learn.

As for gear, most of it came either from Richmond Supplies or Paris Dive Centre (but sadly, it's now closed for good). For other stuff that I can't find or it's a bit pricey to buy in Singapore, I get them from Scubatoys (like my Zeagle Brigade BC). :D

try joining one of the dive clubs really good guys alot of fun to go on trips with find out about the mad divers club. those guys love to dive. and organise some awesome trips

islandwave:
Hi guys,I am going to Singapore during CNY holidays.Will scuba shops be open at this period?

Sadly, most shops will be closed during that period in Singapore :banghead:

Thanks for the tips guys. Most of the shops are taking bookings for trips over the CNY holidays, mostly within Singapore waters or liveaboards to Thailand. The east coast of Malaysia is out of season right now till Feb. I'm thinking of signing up for the buoyancy control clinic held in Singapore waters organised by Friendly Waters (http://www.friendlywaters.com.sg) over the CNY.

Other than that, most of Singapore will be closed over Sunday to Tuesday. Expect to survive on McDonalds and fast food.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom