Diving Shears sheath material?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used old seat belt material.
I used monofilament fishing line for all of the sewing and did it by hand.
Ended up being a really nice project.
I use it to carry trauma shears.

These are the perfect dive shears - carabiner incorporated! Unlike the routine trauma shears, they are not prone to dull either thanks to the titaneum alloy the blades are made with.

Trauma Shears

While these shears were originally designed for medics, they are very durable and saltwater resistance makes them ideal for diving use. The rivet is highly durable and also will not rust as it is titanium alloy.

It would be best that everyone have a chance to benefit from the better work performance these shears provide.

The coupon code below has been created especially for rescue personnel for use on the trauma-shears.com website. It is not widely available. If one wants to purchase a pair of shears, this coupon code can be entered on the purchase page and gives a substantial price reduction off the web price.

coupon code: Lifesaver1

I would really advise against getting anything with a built in suicide clip. It's called a suicide clip because if, for example, some monofilament presses against the clip opening, it will automatically open and let the filament inside it, creating an instant tangle. This can be prevented by using spring clips that take a conscious effort to open and close, preventing the tangle from happening.

As MkSmith713 already mentioned, use a old weight belt and look for a shoemaker or saddler near you.
They have tough sewing machine who can stitch the weight belt together.
It may cost you some $$$ for the first one, but you will be glad about the result and it will last forever. Just bend the belt in 3 parts, stitch 1&2 together and the remaining "flap" is the closure. Let stitch there some velcro tape and you won't loose your shears. You can stitch in the very beginning on the backside a loop where you can pass another belt or strap from your BCD to fix it there where you like it.

Chris

As MkSmith713 already mentioned, use a old weight belt and look for a shoemaker or saddler near you.
They have tough sewing machine who can stitch the weight belt together.
It may cost you some $$$ for the first one, but you will be glad about the result and it will last forever. Just bend the belt in 3 parts, stitch 1&2 together and the remaining "flap" is the closure. Let stitch there some velcro tape and you won't loose your shears. You can stitch in the very beginning on the backside a loop where you can pass another belt or strap from your BCD to fix it there where you like it.

Chris

These Sea Snips or trauma shears may be batch manufacturer affected, regarding stainless quality. I have the heavy two inch webbing pouch bolted slightly down from horizontal on front of opposing bc pocket with handles facing forward. Many hundreds of sw shelf rock rough dives, some fishing line heavier wire, edge great never lost, handles scratched, pivot rivet rusts. Once you have a secure attachment method, replacements five bucks. I also use heavy shears that can cut a teaspoon in half for sharing teaspoons.

A motorcycle shop should be able to give you a used inner tube. A piece of that and some super glue can easily make a servicable item.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom