Diving Puerto Rico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bfisher

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
OK, I just got a message from admin that I haven't posted anything for a while so here goes.

My LDS is thinking of planning a dive trip to Puerto Rico in June. If it's anything like usual there should be about 20-24 people. So where is the better diving in Puerto Rico? Who would be a good dive op?

And lastly we need a place to stay. Doesn't need to be a top resort, but needs to be clean, possibly a beach. Whatever.

May as well mention some decent places to eat if so inclined.

Thanks in advance.

The best diving in PR is out west. I highly recommend Parguera Divers in the village of Parguera. Angel Rovira runs a great boat. You should check with him on the numbers. The boat I was on would be cramped with 20 divers. The boat docks at a hotel so it couldn't be more convenient. I would also recommend Taino Divers in Rincon. Have them take you out to Desecheo Island. Parguera and Desecheo are tops. I have heard that Mona Island is also great, but I haven't done that trip yet.

I'm jealous! I love PR!

I agree with the diving out of Parguara. You can also check out Paradise Scuba, also in Lejas. I have also been out with Humacao divers. They dive out of Fajardo and although I feel the diving is not as good on the southeast side of the island it is still really great diving and the captans , Hans and his brother, whose name escapes me at this time are great people. Also from the east side you can visit Culebra and Vieques islands which are both really scenic places with small reefs all around. The great part about Parguara is you can start with a fairly deep dive ~100' on the wall and finish it on the reef ~60' and have some decent bottom time with lots of reefs to dive on.

I too love PR

Derek

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom