Diving / Period / No tampons

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

knuhol

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Incredible as it seems, drysuits hadn't crossed our minds. Maybe because I'm a beginner too (less than her), so much so that I haven't even started buying my own equipment. We've always rented it, and it's always been wetsuits for us. But it's likely to be the easiest solution in the long run.
I don't know where do you live, but in cold countries it is completely normal that OWD classes are run together with dry suit classes because it is not possible to dive wet suits here either during a summer. Rental dry suits are common here, too.

Dry suit is definitely not a tool just for advanced divers and I think it can be the eaiset solution in this situation. If you want to try it first, go for vacation to Sweden for instance, get dry suit certified and enjoy world's top class wreck diving together with your cousin 😉

And if you figure out you like it, buy some 2nd hand dry suit or some cheaper model. For recreational warm water diving, a dry suit doesn't have to cost an arm and leg. Btw, it is much more comfortable experience compared to wet suits overal 😛

Top Bottom