Diving out of Port Canaveral , Sebastion area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Life-Is-Good-Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just wondering if anyone in the area can recommend any diving out of these area's . I have my own boat, and go out to the 60' and 90' reef's out of Sebastion, yesturday , 7/23 we had 60+ vis on the 90' reef !!

Reason im asking, it's a haul everytime i want to dive, to take the boat down to WBP, or Jupiter to dive. We do alot of Off Shore Fishing, and dive between fishing.

I was wondering of there are any other interesting dive site's that you could tell me about, instead of just those two reef's out of the Port, or Sebastion. I heard there was a SUB? in a 100' water out of the Port, but cant find the info on it.

I would love some good dive info from Fort Peice to Port Canaveral, wreck's espicalley, otherwise i'll have to keep just heading south to dive.

We normalley run out to about 25+ miles off shore, so any info with wreck's or reef's from a 150' water, and out to 25 miles, would be great, down to shallow reef's or wreck's, thanks!

PS, and yes we dive off of Vero out from Disney, but there has to more then just that!

There are plenty of wrecks around the Cape ranging from 40’ to 120’ but the visibility is highly variable around here. You might have 20’ one day and 2’ the next so the dives can be rather iffy. The Top Spot charts have the GPS coordinates for many of the dives around here. We take fishing gear and if the dive turns out to be too low of vis or there is a cold water upwelling, we fish that day instead of dive.

Bill51:
There are plenty of wrecks around the Cape ranging from 40’ to 120’ but the visibility is highly variable around here. You might have 20’ one day and 2’ the next so the dives can be rather iffy. The Top Spot charts have the GPS coordinates for many of the dives around here. We take fishing gear and if the dive turns out to be too low of vis or there is a cold water upwelling, we fish that day instead of dive.

I have the Top Spots maps, i'll look them up, never thought of it for these area's.
I know the diving is hit or miss in this area. Some day's we drive from Vero upto the Port looking for clear water, yesturday we had awsome vis. Fishing was good till about 11 pm, then died off. Alot of sharks kept eating our " catch " on the way up, spent half the day fighting off sharks when fishing rather then catching fish, lol, thanks!

The little sharks have been driving everyone nuts fishing from about 10 miles out all the way to the 20 mile NOAA buoy too. A friend caught the same little shark 3 times over the course of over 200 yards, so the little guy was just following the boat the whole way.

I heard from one friend who was out just inside the 20 mile buoy last week that he hit 68 degree water at 130’ when the surface was 83. I’m not sure what that’s going to mean for our plan to go out north of the security zone on Thursday.

There are a couple of different Top Spot charts for the area and one of them is very detailed of the area off the Cape.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom