Diving on the Big Island in Hawaii

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just met Captain Glenn, with Kona Haru, real nice captain and sound like a great operator. In the past I have dove with Jacks Diving Locker, top notch. Keller Laros really knows the Manta's. Also Check with Eco Adventures, they work with Dolphin Dreams and they were also wonderful.

Will be back in Kona in July.

Don

Did that a couple of years ago with Kona Coast Divers (manta ray madness), as part of my AOW. KCD were, at that time, the only people who had the big lights that they put down on the sea bed and, as such, it was their divers who got to sit around them and be closest to the mantas. The other dive groups had to sit further out.

It was one of the most amazing dives I've done, we had 8 huge mantas.

Have fun,

J.

Freeflyer:
Did that a couple of years ago with Kona Coast Divers (manta ray madness), as part of my AOW. KCD were, at that time, the only people who had the big lights that they put down on the sea bed and, as such, it was their divers who got to sit around them and be closest to the mantas. The other dive groups had to sit further out.

It was one of the most amazing dives I've done, we had 8 huge mantas.

Have fun,

J.

Yeah, glad I had my godzilla halogen light. Divers in my group were thanking me. Divers from the other boat were probably not too happy.

I've got to put in a good word for Keith and his staff at DiveTek Adventures.

We're here right now diving mostly with them (did one dive with Jack's), and can't say enough good things about the staff, the boat, the sites they've taken us to and just generally how great they are to deal with. Give Keith a call (877-885-DIVE), you'll be glad you did!

WilEDiver how long are you going to be their?
ill be their next Wensday.

Grizz:
WilEDiver how long are you going to be their?
ill be their next Wensday.
Sorry, Grizz, leaving Sunday (last dive on Friday). Hope you have a great time. Diving with DiveTek?

do they have dive boats that go out with twin set ups? long hose.
their web site is being worked on.

mabe I should just call?

Grizz:
do they have dive boats that go out with twin set ups? long hose.

Sure. Give Keith a call to set it up - 1 877 885 DIVE

I chatted with Keith a while ago and saw he boat. Looks like a bang up operation, but I haven't dived with them yet.

I've only dived with Jacks Diving Locker. I don't have experience with any other Kona shops to compare it to, but Jacks runs a first class operation. I definitely recommend them and plan of diving with them (and or Keith) during our future trips.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom