Diving on tables

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What you need is the 'Wheel'....!!! :)

lamont:
"shallow/deco" portion of the dive and when you hit your deep NDL you should scoot. so a typical multilevel dive for me might be spent between 90-100 fsw at an average depth of 100 fsw for 30 mins, then scooting up to at least 60 fsw in a few minutes (then generally spending 10-15 mins moving up to 40 fsw). the gentle slope can get you into trouble since if you cross the NDL and then move up only very slowly you can get yourself into quite a bit of deco because you don't move fast enough to really stop ongassing and you just shove your most saturated compartment to longer half-time and harder to get rid of... doing air dives where you meander upwards would be particularly bad...

Ok. That makes sense now. I had another dive where I went into deco at 40 feet and accumlated something like 14 minutes because I didn't scoot.

Thanks. :D

Matthew:

Doing DIR 1/2 or even "kinda" can be downright dangerous (i.e . . .doing valve drills without a capable team mate watching over you to save your tookus/ entanglement in your own SMB deployment while alone). Check out the GUE website:

gue.com

As well as contacting MHK on this board. He is amazing. If you can get some like-minded divers together, GUE instructors will come to you.

Hope this helps, and Lamont. . . . wow!

T

another thing that gets you into trouble more on 21% than 32% is that if you do a deep level to 90-110 first and then want to ascend to a level sufficient to 'pause' the decompression you need to ascend to a shallower level on 21% than 32%. i usually do dives in the 90-110 range and then at 30-35 mins scoot up to 60 where i can slow it down on 32% -- but on 21% when you hit your NDL at 90-110 you should probably scoot to 50 or 40 or shallower pretty quickly... 20 mins at 100 is worth about 40 mins at 60 and on air you've only got 55 mins of NDL at 60, so after 15 mins at 60 you've put yourself into a situation where you're up against and riding the NDL curve again (and if you spend 10 mins getting to 60 you've probably gone well over into deco).

so, basically you gotta know what you're doing, and at this point i have very little recent experience with 21% so diving 32% is another prequisite you need to add to most of what i've written so far...

it does all tend to hang together and you can't take it seperately...

Why don't you guys just use a computer and enjoy the dive....haha.

ShakaZulu:
Why don't you guys just use a computer and enjoy the dive....haha.
This is one of the ways of enjoying decompression. For me that's the answer to question: how to make deco an interesting part of the dive?

lamont:
but on 21% when you hit your NDL at 90-110 you should probably scoot to 50 or 40 or shallower pretty quickly... 20 mins at 100 is worth about 40 mins at 60 and on air you've only got 55 mins of NDL at 60, so after 15 mins at 60 you've put yourself into a situation where you're up against and riding the NDL curve again (and if you spend 10 mins getting to 60 you've probably gone well over into deco).
50-60 is Ok but you don't have to rush - 30 fpm is Ok, and then 10 fpm and appropriate stops. If you spend more time in 100-50 area you can pad appropriate amount of deco depending on depth and time you were at. Basicaly, the method is the same for 21 and 32 but the values are different.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom